I need a region free code for my Insignia NS-BRDVD player (a bluray/DVD player purchased in Canada).
This worked for my NS-BRDVD2-CA, basically the same model as yours.
1. Turn on the player.
2. Press the home/setup button and release. Enter 9-1-1-3 on the number pad.
3. "Configure player" appears in the wheel menu to the left of the screen. Using the up or down arrow button on your remote, navigate to it and press enter.
4. Three menus appear on a blue screen in the centre of the set: DVD Region, BD Region, and BD Profile. Select the one you want and press enter.
5. A grey screen appears in the centre showing the various regions. Navigate to the one you want and press enter.
6. Exit the grey menu by pressing the left arrow key, then press it again to exit the blue menu. The screen will appear as it did in step 3 before you pressed enter.
7. Open the drawer and put in your foreign disc. Wait a little bit. When it's ready, the disc's main menu appears. Play it like you would any disc.
8. Voilà! Consider yourself fortunate: You're now able to play foreign DVDs and Blu-rays on your cheap North American player.
P.S. Remember that you have to do this every time you want to play a foreign DVD, because when it's shut off the player automatically defaults to Region 1 for DVDs and Region A for Blu-rays (i.e. North America for DVD and the Americas for Blu-ray). The "configure player" menu disappears sometimes, too; to see it again, simply re-perform the "home/setup, 9-1-1-3" hack.
Aug 15, 2010 |
Insignia NS-BRDVD Blu-Ray Player