Question about Hoover Vacuums
Wish you had given your model number because they are different. On some, the belt goes over the motor shaft, then over the brush roll. Some you have to remove he top cover to get to the motor shaft. Some go over the motor shaft, then over the bigger pully, but then there is a 2nd belt that goes over the small pulley, then over the brush roll. Hope this helps, if not, then give me the model number.
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Disconnect cleaner from electrical outlet.
1. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up.
2. To remove bottom plate, insert end of flat screwdriver into wide area of right-hand slot and push handle of screwdriver to the rear.Repeat in left-hand slot.
3. Lift extension of bottom plate, rotate plate and remove from cleaner body.
4. Remove agitator and broken agitator belt.
5. Slip agitator through new belt. (With lettering toward outside of cleaner) and position belt in belt guide. Push end of belt into opening in cleaner body. Reposition agitator making sure to align flat sides of projection on belt end of agitator with flat sides of slot in cleaner body.
6. Place the three tabs on bottom plate into slots in front of cleaner body. Snap bottom plate into place over agitator.
7. Remove hood by turning cleaner over and removing nozzle control knob on front of hood -- grasp knob and pull up.
8. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over. Insert end of flat screwdriver into one of the four slots beside an arrow on bottom of cleaner.
9. For slots nearest the rear wheels, push handle of screwdriver toward cleaner handle; for remaining two slots, pry outward to release latches.
I0. Turn cleaner over and lift off hood.
Il. Stretch new belt onto motor pulley.
Extra effort may be required to stretch new belt onto pulley.
Turn agitator, making sure the belt is not pinched between agitator and cleaner body. The belt must rotate freely inside the belt guide. If agitator does not turn, remove bottom plate and reposition belt in belt guide.
Hope this helps!
Aug 05, 2014 | Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vaccum...
May 07, 2012 | VAX Appliances Vacuums
Jul 13, 2011 | Bissell Vacuums
Oct 15, 2009 | Bissell Vacuums
Jul 18, 2009 | Hoover F6021-900 Steam Vacuum
May 05, 2009 | Eureka 2961AVZ Bagless Upright Vacuum
Apr 19, 2009 | Bissell 3920 Bagless Upright Vacuum
Dec 24, 2008 | Eureka Altima Upright Vacuum Model 2996AVS...
Jan 15, 2008 | Vacuums
Oct 31, 2007 | Hoover U6630-900 WindTunnel Bagless...
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!