Question about Cell Phones
when you enter /read the text message , before you delete the txt do you not have a option to block the text in the options .
or post make of phone and model i will look for you.
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Need to block a specific phone number from calling or texting your iPhone? It could be telemarketers, spam text messages, or that crank that won't stop calling and messaging. Apple's iOS does not have a built-in feature to block a phone number, but there are other solutions.
1. Your carrier might be able to block individual numbers. AT&T has an optional feature called Smart Limits for Wireless that runs $4.99 per month. One of the many functions is the capability to block up to 30 numbers from calling or texting your iPhone.
Verizon Wireless offers Spam Control for no additional charge. This feature can be found under My Services when logged into your account, and blocks up to 5 numbers from calling or texting.
2. Owners of jailbroken iPhones can install apps from the Cydia Store that will block phone numbers.iBlacklist is fully compatible with all iOS devices, iOS 5 and older firmware. For a one-time cost of $12, iBlacklist adds a plethora of useful features to your iPhone including the ability to block calls and texts from individual numbers.
MobileLog is currently in development and will be offered for sale to jailbroken iPhone owners soon. The app will also provide many enhancements to the stock calling app as well as number blocking.
3. Make sure you've registered your iPhone number with the National Do Not Call Registry. This will not stop texts, but it will require most telemarketers to stop calling your line within 31 days. Complaints can also be filed using the same website, and phone number registrations with the service never expire.
4. Assign a silent ringtone to the numbers you don't want to answer. This stops calls from bothering you, but texts will still sound an alert.
5. Another calling only solution are services such as TrapCall, which has plans starting at $4.95 per month. No iPhone app installation is required, and once you're signed up TrapCall will unmask blocked caller IDs and blacklist unwanted callers. More expensive plans can be purchased that offer more in-depth functions.
Jan 31, 2013 | Cell Phones
Aug 21, 2011 | Cell Phones
1 Call you cell phone service provider and tell them that you want to block text messages from a certain number. Your provider will stop all texts coming from that number
Reply to an unwanted text from a company or organization with "unsubscribe." If you're getting SPAM texts, this should make it stop.
Check out the website of your cell phone provider and look for the option of logging into your account. Most companies allow users to set up preferences in regards to their text messaging, including blocking certain numbers.
Change the text message settings on your cell phone. Depending on the model you have, you may be able to block certain numbers just by changing your settings
Nov 17, 2010 | Samsung Cell Phones
Jan 04, 2010 | LG RUMOR Cellular Phone
Sep 19, 2009 | Samsung Tocco F480 - Pay Monthly Cellular...
Sep 13, 2009 | Samsung SGH-E530 Cellular Phone
1,742 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!