Question about Washing Machines
The drum is turned by a belt that surrounds 80 percent of it. The other 20 percent of this belt goes through a belt tensioner. This tensioner has a idler pulley with a bearing in the middle of it. The bearing has seized up causing the pulley not to turn making the pulley to get a flat spot. That flat spot causes the banging noise. Sears does sell the pulley & the belt in a kit to replace your faulty parts. The top and front panels has to be removed to gain access to the drum. The drum will pull straight out for servicing these parts
Posted on Nov 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2014 | Washing Machines
Dec 26, 2012 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Oct 01, 2012 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Feb 04, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jan 20, 2010 | Washing Machines
Dec 14, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Nov 18, 2009 | Ariston Technologies Washing Machines
Apr 26, 2009 | Washing Machines
Dec 19, 2008 | Indesit W 123 Front Load Washer
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!