Question about Goldstar Microwave Ovens
In a microwave oven the heat is generated by radio waves. These waves are generated by the magnetron. No functioning magnetron = no heat. For the magnetron to work it needs an extremely high tension, over 5000 volts. Because of that you shouldn't try to open it, not only you don't have the necessary very high voltmeter to test it, but if you touch something that you shouldn't it will kill you on the spot.
Unfortunately your oven is a very old model, parts for it are no longer manufactured. All you could get is a second hand part from the repair guy to which you would have to take the oven and that will certainly cost you almost as much as a new oven.
Your oven has died of old age, time for a new one.
Posted on Nov 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 09, 2016 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
Oct 21, 2015 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
& Welcome to FixYa
the fuse is good then the problem is with the high voltage capacitor or the
circuit board itself going bad and needs replacement. If it is a circuit board
then it will cost you around same as new one. Please get back to me if you have
any other questions.
Jun 30, 2011 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
Mar 13, 2011 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Feb 23, 2011 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Aug 24, 2010 | Goldstar MV-1615 Microwave Oven
Aug 05, 2010 | Goldstar MV-1526 Microwave Oven
Mar 25, 2009 | Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
Dec 15, 2017 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!