An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: BULB AND LAMP
I can give you some possibilities. A loose connection, a broken or corroded wire and/or terminal end, dust or moisture on a circuit board, the plate needs cleaning, the contacts for the plate need cleaning, the bulb ballast needs to be replaced, the bulb may not be properly installed, the support posts for the plate need cleaning. These are all I can think of at the moment.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
PetcoWater flows in direct contact with UV lamp, making it extremely efficient. The zigzag flow are designed for maximum sterilizing time. Totally self-contained replacement bulb assembly for AA 9Watt UV Sterilizer Kit. .... 2.8" L x 2.5" W x 16.5" H
The Norland collection of long-wave, ultraviolet light sources have been carefully ...LED UV Curing System emits a consistent and repeatable 2.5 W/cm squared ... lack of liquid light guides and replacement lamps brings to the forefront of UV ...
1. Unplug the purifier
2. Remove the two screws on the back cover and remove the cover.
3. Remove the two screws on the the top that hold the lint screen and remove the screen.
4. Remove the purification plate by sliding it out.
5. Remove the RCI target plate by sliding it out.
6. Disconnect the purification plate contact lead wires from the purifier plate cage.
7. Remove the two screws at the bottom of the plate cage.
8. Slide the cage forward, lift and remove the cage.
9. Rotate the uv bulb a quarter of a turn and lift it out of the unit.
10. Install the new uv bulb and rotate it a quarter of a turn to lock it.
Perform steps 1-9 in reverse order to reassemble the purifier.
G15T8 15W 15 Watt UV Germicidal Bulb IONIC BREEZE GP this bulb is available on ebay for under $11.00. The release tab for the cover is at the bottom of the cover and it comes off pretty easy. Once the cover is off you turn the lamp 1/4 turn (two clicks) and slide it from it's fixture.
UV bulbs, or rather the RCI cell needs to be changed every three years in the FreshAir, or when the "Replace RCI cell" appears, whichever comes first. The UV bulb loses its intensity over this period of time.
Regarding "Replace Card" warning, 90% of the time it's the female metal connector on the red wire going to the spring metal connection screws... The connector can have a buildup of corrosion ( green) build inside of the crimped connection. In that case, the crimped connector will need to be replaced. The black wire may also suffer from corrosion, but to a lessor extent. The replacement crimps need to be stainless steel crimps. The copper crimps corrode easily. Another thing to look out for are loose connections. The final solution would be to replace the card, or see your friendly dealer.