Question about Precor 9.21 Treadmill
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
ProForm Treadmills have a reset procedure for the incline function. With the key inserted in the console, activate the incline; while the incline is changing, remove the key. Wait 30 seconds, then replace the key. The incline should to maximum, then to minimum, resetting its limits. It worked for mine just 10 minutes ago; the procedure is in the manual if you have it. Good luck!
Posted on Apr 18, 2010
The problem is either in the lower control board or the lift motor. I would start by replacing the lift motor. Then if that does not fix it, replace the lower control board.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2017 | Precor Exercise & Fitness
Sep 25, 2016 | Precor Exercise & Fitness
Feb 27, 2013 | Precor 9.1 Mode 1 Treadmill Repair Parts...
Oct 10, 2012 | Precor 927 Treadmill
Jun 07, 2011 | Life Fitness Treadmill Precor C954 (Used)
Jun 10, 2010 | Precor 9.21 Treadmill
May 20, 2010 | Precor 9.21 Treadmill
Aug 04, 2009 | Exercise & Fitness
Apr 30, 2009 | Precor EFX 546i Elliptical Version 4
Apr 20, 2014 | Precor 9.21 Treadmill
206 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: