Question about Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
It fills....then hums....transmission not locked up? Brake not stuck...The lid switch is functioning and the motor hums.......I understand this is a two phase motor. Does this sound like a weak motor issues to you?
thanks for any reply,
The machine is single phase.
The motor has a capacitor which could be faulty, also motor has two windings (start and run) the motor needs both along with the capacitor to start, once running a switch in the motor disconnects the start winding and the motor continues on the run winding.
possibly either the capacitor or motor winding is defective.
Let me have the machine details may have a good motor UK only.
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2015 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Sep 30, 2012 | Roper Washing Machines
May 13, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
WASHER FILLS, BUT DOESN'T AGITATE AND/OR SPIN
1) Check the imbalance/lid switch FOR continuity. Check also the speed selector switch (if any), the water level and water temperature switches for proper operation .
NOTE: If any of the selector switches on the console are only partially pushed in, it may cause improper function.
2) Check for a broken or badly worn belt.
3) Check the motor rollers and tension springs for damage and the motor roller tracks for jamming. Any of these might cause the belt to be loose.
4) Check the appropriate timer circuits for continuity.
5) Remove the belts and see if the motor will start. If you hear the motor buzzing, but it doesn't start in either or both directions, test the capacitor (if any) and starting switch
If it does start with the load removed, turn the pump and transmission pulleys by hand, in both directions, to see which is locked up. If the pump is locked, If the transmission pulley is locked,. Note that the transmission pulley will normally be very stiff when turning it in the clockwise direction, as you look at the bottom of the washer.
Nov 14, 2010 | Maytag PAV2300 Top Load Washer
Aug 26, 2010 | GE WDSR2080D Top Load Washer
Nov 01, 2009 | Roper RTW4300SQ Top Load Washer
May 02, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jan 31, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jul 01, 2014 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
207 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: