Question about GE Kitchen Ranges
My JBP90 GE Profile convection oven had the same problem. The problem, in my case was caused by the door switch that controls the interior oven light. It also controls the convection fan and possibly the convection heating element.
1. DISCONNECT THE UNIT FROM ITS ELECTRICAL POWER SOURCE!
CONFIRM POWER IS DISCONNECTED BY OBSERVING DISPLAY GOING DARK
In your case this may mean turning off the 220V double circuit breaker or unplugging the unit cord from its power outlet.
2. Open the oven door
3. Remove the two screws under the front edge of the stove cooktop on the far left and right
4. Gently raise the cooktop 4 or 5 inches and prop it open with a small cardboard box
5. Find the door switch wire and gently pull the switch connector off
6. Remove the switch by squeezing the two metal spring tabs toward the switch and pushing the switch out toward the front
7. Inspect the switch. If its like mine, it may look a little melted and smell burnt.
8. Find a new switch online or at your nearest parts distributer
9. Installation is the reverse of above steps.
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2016 | Kitchen Ranges
Aug 14, 2007 | Jenn-Air JDR8895AAS Dual Fuel (Electric...
Jan 15, 2014 | Frigidaire FES367 Electric Kitchen Range
Apr 24, 2012 | Frigidaire Kitchen Ranges
Dec 27, 2010 | Heartland 3530 Dual Fuel (Electric and...
Dec 19, 2009 | Rangemaster Classic 110 (Dual Fuel) Dual...
Jul 16, 2009 | KitchenAid KERA205P Electric Kitchen Range
Dec 15, 2008 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Slide-In...
Jun 21, 2008 | Jenn-Air JES9860 Electric Kitchen Range
Jun 16, 2007 | Frigidaire GLEF378 Electric Kitchen Range
Jan 23, 2017 | GE Kitchen Ranges
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: