When I select a house number and street, the unit offers me the street with the avenue in brackets. I cannot select the avenue and so the address is reversed. For example i select 9963 and then cannot select 104 avenue. the unit gives me 9963 104 st when I want 9963 104 avenue.
hope you can help
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
TomTom's GPS devices provide consumers with portable navigation solutions. Download maps, view turn by turn updates and listen to spoken directions on trips across town or across the country. TomTom has a variety of GPS products, but basic use and inputting destination information are almost identical across the board. If you're just taking your TomTom out of the box, you'll need to perform a few extra steps to complete set up. I am listing the 7 steps to use TomTom below;
1. Ensure your TomTom unit is fully charged. A full charge requires approximately two hours. Power the unit by pressing and holding the "On/Off" button for approximately two seconds. Make sure you are in an unobstructed area. Wait for the Tom Tom to power up and acquire a satellite signal.
2. Answer the on-screen questions to set up your device. The questions only appear if this is the first time you've used your Tom Tom. Otherwise, the driving view and your current location will be displayed.
3. Tap the center of the screen to open the main menu. Tap "Navigate To" and then tap "Address."
4. Choose the option that describes how you wish to enter the address you are navigating to. You may tap "City Center," "Street and House Number," "Zip Code" or "Cross Street or Intersection." To enter an exact address, choose the "Street and House Number" option.
5. Type in the requested information by tapping the letters or numbers on the screen. As you type, matching town and street names will appear in a list format. Choose the correct option from the list when it is displayed by tapping it. If prompted, enter the house number by tapping the corresponding numbers on the screen. When you are finished, tap "Done".
6. Select "Yes" or "No" when asked if you need to arrive at a particular time. If "Yes" is chosen, follow the instructions to enter in the desired arrival time.
Finally, follow the on screen and spoken directions to reach your destination.
Valarie is that in Canada ?
it would be most likely R1A 0W8 for the zip code if it is.
There are two avenues in Selkirk Manitoba Canada .
If you are not sure go to Google and select Google maps from the 9 dots near the right top hand corner known as apps.
Then type in the search maps box 735 Eaton Ave, Selkirk, MB R1A 0W8, Canada if you know what the house looks like you can go to street view and look at the front of the house to confirm it is the house you want to send the mail to.
Laloma Mayon corner Malaya Street 731-8341 / 712-5757 PCP*1 Sto. Domingo Street 712-4939 PCP 2 Biak-na-Bato, Mauban 364-2888 PCP 3 Sta Teresita, Dapitan 732-8184 Baler Baler Street cor. West Avenue 372-1725 / 415-2590 PCP 1 EDSA corner Congressional 928-8226 PCP 2 Quezon Avenue, Delta 410-9461 PCP 3 Roosevelt/del Monte 415-7497 PCP 4 North Avenue, Agham 436-4115 Vasra PCP Mindanao Avenue, Project 6 929-2220 The list goes on, you can find it in its entirety at http://www.expatforum.com/articles/cities/quezon-city-guide.html
You mean your device "sees" you on another street, or it's just about the GPS sharp location (displayed on the street and not aside)? First make sure your GPS device and your navigation gadget are PAIRED 9if the GPS is external...) Try to reset your device and on a COLD START wait for a complete GPS fix (latitude, longitude, altitude, satellites, etc.). It takes about a minute and a half for a complete fix. In SETTINGS, under the GPS SETTINGS, select "SHOW POSITION ON THE ROAD".
need a lot more info .... what gps model do you have,
your saying you put address it goes straight to street? then say i put addrees it says not found
Most Nuvi units you have to press Where To...Address....and on the bottom of screen you will see Change State / Province
First select your State..... then go back and select the City... it should now let you put the number of house press done ..then the street name
Hi , when first selecting " navigate to " you have a choice of selecting :
address / house / street name number
of course if you choose option 1 above then you would need to enter a house number but if you cannot enter a house number then you should not select option one but select option 2 . ...... option 2 lets you select the street name only without requiring you to enter a house number.
It will only tell you the names of the streets if you use the COMPUTER voice. The other voices will not announce street names. So go to your voice selection and pick the computer voice...either male or female.
To find streets that are numerical, not names, enter the address normally to start. Enter the State, City, and House Number. When it asks you to enter the street, look at the bottom of the keyboard. You will see a key marked 123. Press this key, and numbers will show up instead of letters. Type in just the numbers (25 for 25th Avenue, etc.) and hit Done. The street should show as (25th (St., Ave., etc)). Press the correct entry.