Question about Computers & Internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are a number of reasons for having more than one motherboard. One may be for an Intel CPU, one for AMD. Dell manufactures their own motherboards, so they may have run out of their first type of motherboard and replaced it with the second. There may be certain features included with one and not the other. There are a lot more reasons. If you need to know why, phone Dell support. There is a good chance they will tell you why.
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
1) You can reset BIOS to default settings by pressing <Alt><F>
2) I am not sure about the laptops, but in the Dell Desktops usually there is a reset jumper on the motherboard which is seated on 2pins out of 3, you just need to remove that jumper turn on the pc once and the turn on the pc again by reseating the jumper to its original place. You can try this with your laptop, I guess the jumper should be somewhere close to the CMOS battery.
3) Remove the battery and keep it away for atleast 30 mins. and replace it again.
NOTE: make sure while following step (3) and (4) the system should be completely turned off. Unplug the AC adapter, remove the battery and hold the power button for atleast 8 - 10 seconds.
let me know the output
Posted on Aug 29, 2009
Hi!!Usually DELL passwords are stored in eeprom memoriesthat has to be read or writen to remove / bypass the BIOS password!!! Passwordgenerate a hash code that will appear after 3 wrong password attempts and ithas a 5 digit decimal format "xxxxx"
Another way to obtain password is by generate a unlock code or master password from the service tag that comes with the laptop in the bottom in the sticker (service tag "xxxxxxx")
http://www.laptoprebirth.comThey can calculate a master password with the hash code or the service tag. Hopeit helps
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
The CMOS battery is located underneath the keyboard of your Dell i5100.
If you're up to it, then try these simple steps:
- Open the lid to a 180 degree angle and using a very small Flat Screwdriver, pry the hinge cover on the right side. There's a small notch where you can pry it out.
- Check if the keyboard is being held by 2 screws. To loosen them, remove the battery and unscrew them from inside the battery bay.
- Carefully lift the keyboard in an angled position and check the ribbon or contact tape that connects the keyboard to the motherboard. Flip the keyboard towards you and see if you can reach the CMOS battery (usually covered by a blue plastic shield or protective cover. There's a pair of wire coming from it and the end is a small connector. You may remove the connector attached to the motherboard carefully to get the CMOS battery.
Posted on Jun 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Aug 10, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Jun 18, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Jan 25, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Flamingo Pink...
Oct 20, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Jun 24, 2009 | Dell Keyboard for Inspiron 1420, 1520,...
567 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: