Question about Intel PENTIUM-4 865GV CHIP MOTHER BOARD (MBP4I65GV) Motherboard
Seeing as a lot of people had the CD/DVD driver missing error that I
was stuck with I'll list the steps that I took to get it to run. Before
I did anything, I downloaded a free copy of Hiren's Boot Disc with
Keyboard Patch just in case I had any issues (freeware and fairly easy
to find if you google it). I only ended up using it for the DOS prompt
Some of these steps may seem redundant but ultimately it was what got the OS running for me:
1. Partition and reformat HD from DOS with the FDISK and FORMAT C: commands
2. Install a version of Vista 64bit which, in-turn, re-partitioned the drive itself
3. Once Vista was up and running (didn't put in a code since I knew I wouldn't be on it for long) inserted the RC 64bit DVD
4. From the installation window, I ran the on-line compatability check tool
5. It told me that my ITE IT8211 ATA/ATAPI Controller must be updated in order to install
6. Ran Vista Update Wizard which found a new driver for the ITE IT8211 ATA/ATAPI
7. Rebooted Vista 64 to finalize the updates (removed the RC DVD Disc while rebooting)
8. Once booted, reinserted the RC DVD, clicked install and went through all the steps of normal installation.
Again, some of this may seem unnecessary (like the FDISK / FORMAT) part, but ultimately it's what worked and from what I experienced, the problem that people seem to be having with the CD/DVD driver not found is that the ITE IT8211 ATA/ATAPI Controller is not up to date. I couldn't find a place to just "download the driver" and put it on a flash drive or something, I had to allow windows to do that which hopefully won't set people back. I'm not savvy enough to know if you can install the driver in another way.
Posted on Nov 13, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 09, 2014 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
on Mar 24, 2010 | Lexmark T630 Laser Printer
Dec 04, 2012 | ASUS P5PE-VM Motherboard
Nov 22, 2012 | Microsoft Get Genuine Kit for Windows XP...
Jun 09, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 17, 2011 | ASUS A7V333-X (A7V333-X/L) Motherboard
Feb 06, 2011 | Intel DG43NB Motherboard
Jan 18, 2011 | Computers & Internet
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: