Question about Nokia 6230
Hi I have an Nokia 6234 that says charger not supported , no matter which approved nokia charger i use. I'm unable to charge the battery now and the phone has become useless. Is there any fix available for this problem?
No, take the battery out and bring it to an auto part store and they can test it.
Posted on Jun 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2013 | Nokia 6234 Cellular Phone
Oct 22, 2012 | Cell Phones
Aug 26, 2011 | Nokia 6234 Cellular Phone
I found this information in the manual, I I think it should address your problem:
The battery can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, but it will eventually wear out. When the talk and standby times are noticeably shorter than normal, replace the battery. Use only Nokia approved batteries, and recharge your battery only with Nokia approved chargers designated for this device. Use of an unapproved battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other hazard.
If a battery is being used for the first time or if the battery has not been used for a prolonged period, it may be necessary to connect the charger, then disconnect and reconnect it to begin charging the battery. If the battery is completely discharged, it may take several minutes before the charging indicator appears on the display or before any calls can be made.
Always switch the device off and disconnect the charger before removing the battery.
Unplug the charger from the electrical plug and the device when not in use. Do not leave a fully charged battery connected to a charger, since overcharging may shorten its lifetime. If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time.
Always try to keep the battery between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F). Extreme temperatures reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery. A device with a hot or cold battery may not work temporarily. Battery performance is particularly limited in temperatures well below freezing.
Do not short-circuit the battery. Accidental short-circuiting can occur when a metallic object such as a coin, clip, or pen causes direct connection of the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals of the battery. (These look like metal strips on the
battery.) This might happen, for example, when you carry a spare battery in your pocket or purse. Short-circuiting the terminals may damage the battery or the connecting object.
So, essentially, you probably need a new battery.
May 29, 2011 | Nokia 6303 Cell Phone
Jan 11, 2011 | Nokia 6234 Cellular Phone
Sep 13, 2010 | Nokia 6234 Cellular Phone
Nov 03, 2009 | Nokia 6234 Cellular Phone
Jan 15, 2009 | Nokia 6234 Cellular Phone
180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!