Question about Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

Looing for a 2 lamp ballast for F58-T8 tubes in upright freezer.

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • lmsas Jun 19, 2008

    I can get the model # but don't have it right at this moment, the upright glass door freezer sections are made by Hussmann and the ballast is made for Hussmann by ??? as that's the name on the ballast and it powers two F58-T8 tubes.There must be a manufacturer that makes a suitable replacement?


  • lmsas Jun 19, 2008

    I can get the model # but don't have it right at this moment, the upright glass door freezer sections are made by Hussmann and the ballast is made for Hussmann by ??? as that's the name on the ballast and it powers two F58-T8 tubes.There must be a manufacturer that makes a suitable replacement?


  • James Helmer
    James Helmer May 11, 2010

    What is the Model and Serial number for the cabinet and the name brand of the manufacturer?



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 828 Answers

This URL should take you to what you are looking for. Look at P/N BC12070.

Posted on Jun 19, 2008



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I want t replace a mb2x40/120 rs ballast with a 120 277v electronic ballast how do i wire it

A fluorescent light ballast is a transformer that outputs a higher voltage than the input (120 volts). The electrocution hazard is very real.
Practically all ballasts have a drawing printed on the label. As a master electrician I still need the drawing to install them properly. Electronic ballasts should have a black and white wire for input voltage. The output to the lamps will be some combination of: red, yellow, blue.
The new ballast must also be matched to the type of lamp. Old fluorescent lamps were T12 (refers to the diameter). New lamps are T8 and produce more lumens with lower amperage.

Sep 27, 2014 | Electrical Supplies

2 Answers

Where can i find a good led online store that sells T8 LED Light Tube?

You can buy T8 led light tube by a website of foreign country.Below is the best site where can help you buy the best T8 led light tube.

Oct 26, 2012 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Sylvania t8 96 ballast

sounds like the lamp, try replacing that!!

May 02, 2012 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

How do I replace a lamp ballast in my Samsung model # HLS5086WX/XAA?

The ballast should come out fairly easy---at the end of the 2 red wires where it connects to the lamp should be a single screw and the lamp has to be already removed---with the screw at the wire end removed the socket lifts up and to one side and the actual ballast is secured with no more than 4 screws and has only one or two small plugs to remove

You might also check You Tube to see if they have video instructions there for your model.

Mar 20, 2012 | Samsung Televison & Video

1 Answer

Replacing old flor 48" tubes

There are three types of fluorescent 48" bulbs t 12, t8, and t5. they are not interchangable. if you have a fixture that has a t12 type ballast, it will not light up the t8 bulbs. you have to change the ballast to a t8 style. just to clarify, the number stands for 10ths of an inch in diameter on the bulb. a t12 is 1.2 inches, a t8 is .8 inch and a t5 is .5 inch.

Nov 20, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

LIGHTING QUESTION: I have a GE Pro line T8 Ballast w/ (8) wires (2) Blue, (2) Red, (2) yellow plus Black & White. I know what the Black & White are for and are not connected to the lamps. Can you...

Try this link-- for a wiring diagram--- let us know if this helps-- Mack

Oct 27, 2017 | Vacuums

1 Answer


I strongly believe that one of two things has happened:
1) the back light 'florescent tubes' lamp ballast power supply board has gone out.
2) One of the florescent tubes has failed taking out the lamp ballast.
Is the TV still under it's factory warranty?
If it is not I would call around some TV service providers in your area and get some estimates of repair. Fairly common item to go out.
A/V Media Guy

Nov 22, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Tv is black and blue light is on with 2 red lights blinking on it and like a sizzling noise

Its the lamp or lamp ballast board. Take out the lamp and carefully examine it for flaws or signs of wear. These include a cloudy appearance to the glass, swelling or irregular shape to the thin glass tube that is in the center of the lamp. ( it holds the mercury) Also, look for any signs of overheating. If the lamp has been in use for 2 years or more, its the likely problem. If the lamp is new or appears to be in good shape, its possible that the lamp ballast board is bad. A service company will have to replace that for you. Good luck!


Feb 19, 2009 | Hitachi UltraVision CineForm 55VG825 55"...

1 Answer

How to replace a tube holder or ballast

You can replace a ballast or tube holder if you're fairly familiar with wiring. 1) Turn off the power to the circuit. 2) Remove the tube and the cover plate that conceals the workings. 3) Disconnect or cut the wires to the tube holder or ballast and remove. 4) Strip 1/2" of insulation from the ends of the wires. 5) Mount the component and connect the wires with wire nuts. 6) Replace the cover and tube. 7) Turn the circuit back on. 8) Turn the switch on.

Jan 18, 2006 | CCTUBEGN 12.5''TUBE...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Heating & Cooling Logo

Related Topics:

88 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Heating & Cooling Experts

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3238 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Tim Whalen

Level 3 Expert

3074 Answers

Are you a Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides