OK, I just (11/29/09) replaced the battery on Conair TH301S glass scale. You will need a CR2032 (3V) battery, a small (P12) phillips screwdriver, a flat screwdriver and a small twiser (to hold small screws).
On a stable and clean surface (kitchen table, no kids around due to small screws) lay flat upside down the scale.
1) Remove all 6 phillips screws that hold the inner frame.
2) With the help of the flat screw driver unhoock each side of the inner frame (horse shoe shape)
3) Open slowly because there are 2 wires that connect the weight sensors and lay flat on the side.
4) There is an eletrical circuit beside the display, it is being held by 5 very small phillips screws (remove them)
5) The you will find underneath a small round black box held by 3 phillips screws. Remove them, open slowly the top cover and inside reside the battery, pop it up gently with the flat screw driver.
6) Replace the battery, reinstall the 3 screws.
7) Where the display stand, remove the 4 screws of the plastic cover. Slowly remove the cover and the LCD display itself (pay attention on how the display is installed).
8) Re install the circuit board with the 5 smaller screws
9) With a QTips and alcohol clean the contacts of the circuit board where the LCD dispaly sits. Sit in place the LCD display (it will touch the circuit from above) .
10) Place the plastic cover with the 4 screws.
11) re install the frame and put the 6 screws.
12) YOU HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 12, 2009 |
Conair Health & Beauty