Question about Sharp LC40LE820UN 40 in. LCD TV
Hello sir, hi, missing sound can be costly to repair or needs service by the manufacturer if the problem is the main circuit board. to test, i need you to do something first so as we can find where the problem is.
here are the steps.
1. turn on the TV.
2. tune to a program. or watch a movie via DVD.
3. now place you ears near the speakers.
4. do you hear a soft hum?
5. no, set the volume high. do you hear the hum? still no. problem is the amplifier.
6. yes. problem is before the amplifier.
1. problem with the amplifier no soft hum. this problem is due to a failure of the amplifier IC. or an open loudspeaker driver. this you can do, check the wiring of the loudspeaker if it is intact. you may need to disassemble it carefully to have a see. If intact, next is the IC amplifier test/replacement. you need a service technician to do this.
2. problem with the amplifier with a soft hum. this tell you that the amplifier section is good, and the audio source is not reaching the amplifier input. this needs a thorough check on the main board. to conduct this test we need very expensive test instruments, so I suggest have this checked by the service center instead.
Posted on Nov 13, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2014 | Samsung NC10-14GW Notebook
Feb 08, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone
Apr 10, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Jun 25, 2009 | Intel D865GBF Motherboard
Aug 16, 2008 | Intel Frontier Design Dakota 24-Bit PCI...
Dec 24, 2007 | Creative Labs Audigy Gamer Sound Card
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: