my 6288 when i turn it on it boots up as normal ten the screen goes white and turns off and then turns on agagin and keeps repeating the process i tried putting it on charge but it still doesnt work??
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have managed to fix the problem by doing a software update.
I stumbled across the solution..........I had the phone connected to the computer when I started it in the 'boot loader' screen as opposed to just turning it on. This time the computer recognised the phone was connected and through the motorola software update program I was able to update the software and the phone now works fine.
BTW I did lose all my address book, messages etc.
To start in the boot loader screen hold down the * + # + pwr keys all at once.
If you encounter situation like below on your phone,
1. Blank screen phone unable to reboot.
2. Phone only able to boot-up to "Nokia" word screen.
3. Install some program but not able to uninstall it after that.
4. Error messages such as "Child Installer" keeps popping-up.
Do a Full phone formatting on your phone! as steps below,
1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.
2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card.
3. Switch-off your phone.
4. Press and hold 3 keys;
Green dial key, * (star key) & no. 3 key and then press the power on/off to swtich on the phone.
Remember, do not let go all of the keys and hold keys until you see a formatting word screen show!
The operating system of the phone has corrupted because of the theme being not compatible or a virus problem. You will have to take the cell to the authorized company service to reload the flash of the cell.