Question about Albatron nForce2 KM18G Pro (KM18G PRO 2.0) Motherboard
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
No you don't. Find out what CPU you have and what socket is on the motherboard (it will be printed on the CPU socket).
Then look at the memory to see what speed it is.
Now look for a motherboard that supports both that CPU socket and that memory type/speed.
Everything else just goes along for the ride. (Video card, though--do you need on-board video or do you need a socket to support the external card--check that, also)
Posted on Nov 23, 2009
Testimonial: "Very helpful, thank you"
Well you do not need exactly the same motherboard. You need a motherboard that has the exact CPU socket, DDR slots and AGP or PCI slot.
Here are the specifications for the motherboard: Processor
- AMD Athlon/Athlon XP/AthlonXP Barton/Duron Processor
- FSB 200/266/333MHz
- North Bridge: NVIDIA nForce2 IGP
- South Bridge: NVIDIA nForce2 MCP
- I / O Chip : Winbond W83627HF
- 3 DDR Sockets:
- DDR200 to 400 non-ECC DDR SDRAM up to 3GB (Single Channel) or up to 2GB (Dual Channel)
- 1 x AGP 8X/4X slot (1.5V Only)
- 3 x PCI slots (PCI 2.2 compliant)
IDE Connectors 2 ATA133 channels (up to 4 ATA 133 IDE Devices)
Onboard I/O Connectors
- 1x Floppy Connector
- 2x USB 2.0/1.1 header (4 ports USB cable optional)
- 1x CD_IN header
- 1x COM Port header
- 1x S/PDIF in/out header (S/PDIF in/out cable optional)
- 1x CPU fan header with fan rotation detection function
- 1x System fan headers with fan rotation detection function
- 2x 5 pin system panel header (Intel spec)
- 1x 3 pin Power LED header
- 1x 4 pin Speaker header
- 1x Front audio header (Intel spec)
- 1x Case Open detection header
- 1x Wake on LAN
- 1x 4 pin TV-Out header
So you have to buy a motherboard that has Socket A, that support DDR I memories and has an AGP slot (for the video card).
If you need further assistance, just leave a comment. Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2011 | Albatron PX845EV1 Pro Motherboard
Mar 03, 2011 | Albatron MB | PM266A PRO VER2.0 RT...
Apr 19, 2010 | Albatron nForce2 KM18G Pro (KM18G PRO 2.0)...
Mar 16, 2010 | Albatron KX600S Pro Motherboard
Jan 06, 2010 | Albatron PX865PE PRO II Motherboard
Nov 23, 2009 | Albatron Nforce2 (KX18D PRO II)...
Jun 13, 2009 | Albatron KX600S Pro Motherboard
Feb 01, 2009 | Albatron nForce2 KM18G Pro (KM18G PRO 2.0)...
Jan 18, 2009 | Albatron nForce2 KM18G Pro (KM18G PRO 2.0)...
Apr 18, 2008 | Albatron PX865PE Pro Motherboard
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: