Question about Panasonic NN-S254BF Microwave Oven
Earlier this year I cut a tree down and it fell on the power line yanking the neutral wire from the mast at my summer cottage.
Consequently my whole cottage had two hots and no neutral. I fried a Satellite receiver, clock radio, cordless phones and my Panasonic Over the Range NN254 Microwave.
Oddly the TV survived.
There is power to the receptacle that the microwave is plugged into but there is absolutely no sign of life in the microwave when I plug it in.
Do you think this is just a fuse or is the whole unit junk?
I can buy a new microwave for $200
The microwave is 100 miles from me right now
There is an internal fuse, so check that first. If the fuse checks ok, definitely buy a new microwave - losing a neutral usually damages the main circuit board. Given the cost of the board and the distance involved, it just wouldn't pay to chase the parts down
Posted on Jun 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2014 | Panasonic NN-SN960S Prestige Stainless...
Jul 16, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Sep 09, 2011 | Panasonic NN-C994S Convection/Microwave...
May 02, 2010 | Panasonic NN-P794SF Microwave Oven
Jan 12, 2009 | Panasonic NN-S763BF Microwave Oven
Jan 02, 2009 | Panasonic NN-H764 Microwave Oven
Mar 27, 2008 | Panasonic NN-T694SF Microwave Oven
Feb 24, 2008 | Panasonic NN-C994S Convection/Microwave...
97 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!