Question about Toshiba Satellite Laptop with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor QL-60 - Onyx Blue PC Notebook
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: toshiba satellite A205-S5847
well i had the same error on my toshiba...i spent literally 56 sleppless hours on the problem after giving up on the last 48 hour stint about 3 weeks ago...i installed a freash copy of xp...then used gparted live cd (linux small distro for partitioning hdds)to make a 10 gig partition in ntfs format....then i searched tiny vista and downloaded the torrent....that error is another way of saying you have messed up your bootmgr for vista..and it could have been a ton of things that did ruined it but none the less...after the torrent was downloaded (i know its not a legal copy but i used it just to fix my bootmgr) it has something to do with the way it sets up vista premium on your hard drive that fixes the boot problem.....and befor anyone says theres other ways to do it.....this is for extreme cases were you cannot afford a new hard drive and cannot get your factory install cd's to fix the problem ..... this is worth a shot in any case. .....forgot to mention that i used my windows xp partition to firstly download dvd decrypter and a copy of tiny vista (for you that dont know tiny vista fits on a 700mb cd and is remastered to install on its own with no help from you what so ever...then when i suggest deleting it from your hard drive and installing your own vista copy because after all all you needed to do was fix the boot... again..this is the only thing that worked for me other than buying a new hard drive i tried 30 different things and i garuntee i have heard it all..it was by accident that i found out this would fix the problem with oem instalations
Posted on Jun 23, 2008
SOURCE: toshiba satellite A205-S5847
When dealing with this error (10-FC06-000D) message in Toshiba unit is very comment in the L300 series, I don’t know if Toshiba is using cheaper hard drives or what but I see a lot of them with the same problem. If you have a Toshiba unit got to their website to check if your unit is still under manufacture warranty if it is you have some options send it to Toshiba direct they should cover the shipping but I’m not to sure, or take it in to any Best Buy or Future shop stores with your proof of purchase and they will send it out for you. This is a hardware problem that is related to the hard drive, I wiped the hard drive and all it’s boot records still unable to reinstall the OS OK, I finally decided to use a test hard drive to reinstall the OS worked fine so there is something wrong with the hard drive that most likely would need to be replaced
Posted on Feb 19, 2009
This error comes up if the toshiba recovery cannot recognise the file system and partitions. try removing all partitions using the fdisk utility or a windows XP CD and then run the recovery.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
Based on the information available online and the suggestions provided by the Computer Experts, the error might be occurring due to any issues with the Hard Drive of the Computer.
However, to confirm if the issue is related to the Hard Drive, please perform the steps mentioned below:
1) Turn OFF and turn ON the Computer.
2) Then, go to the BIOS Menu.
3) In the BIOS main menu, check if the Hard Drive is listed there.
4) If the Hard Drive is not listed in the BIOS main menu, please go to the "Boot" tab.
5) In the Boot tab, the Hard Drive should be mentioned along with the Hardware components of the Computer such as CD/DVD Drive etc.,
6) Check if the Hard Drive is listed on the BIOS main menu or the Boot tab.
7) If the Hard Drive is mentioned in the BIOS, this indicates that you can try some more troubleshooting steps, before getting the Hard Drive replaced.
8) If the Hard Drive is mentioned in the BIOS, you may try performing the Hardware Diagnostics.
9) The Hardware Diagnostics can be performed by using the Recovery Tools.
10) The Recovery Tools will pre-installed with all the OEM Computers.
11) For some Models, the Recovery Tools should also be supplied with the Recovery Discs.
12) Performing the Hardware Diagnostics will perform a complete scan for any errors or issues with the Hardware Components such as the Hard Drive, RAM etc.,
13) If there are any issues with the Hard Drive, RAM etc., they will be mentioned in the detailed report of the Hardware Diagnostics.
14) Once, the Hardware Diagnostics is complete, you may again try performing the Recovery.
15) If the issue still persists even after performing the Hardware Diagnostics, then the issue might be Hardware related.
16) The issue might be with the Hard Drive.
17) It would be better to replace the Hard Drive, if the issue still persists even after performing all the above steps.
Hope this helps.
Please feel free to ask further questions.
Posted on Aug 15, 2010
Error codes starting with 10 on Toshiba laptops point to a hard drive failure. The drive is most likely dead and cannot be revived. You will need to replace the drive and then reinstall the operating system.
Posted on Feb 28, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 14, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 Notebook
Feb 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L300D-ST3501 Notebook
Jan 10, 2010 | Compaq Deskpro EP PIII-650MHz/ 128MB/...
Aug 23, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2008 | Compaq Deskpro EP PIII-650MHz/ 128MB/...
Feb 26, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite Laptop with AMD Athlon...
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: