Question about Car Audio & Video
I purchased a used 2006 delco CD/AM/FM radio for my van and it is locked.
Can you help?
This is the process for the CD deck. I assume it's the same for any 88-90 deck with the DelcoLok system. It may also work with 90+ DelcoLok I units.
1. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 5 to 10 seconds until you
get 3 digits on your display. This is the first 3 of 6 digits you will
need, so write 'em down. (mine were 881)
2. After doing step one and writing down the code, immediately press the
AM/FM button to get the last 3 of the 6 numbers you'll need, and write
'em down. (if you wait too long between steps 1 and 2 and the LOC code
displays again, just start over). (mine were 322)
3. Call this number, it's a prerecorded message, so don't worry about
having to talk to anyone...1-800-537-5140. The voice will ask if you're
calling for Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac, etc... When you hear this,
press 1 for chevy, followed by 02107and hit the * key. (i.e. 102107*) He'll ask you for the 6 digit code that you've written down.(mine was 881 322) Enter that and press the * key. He will then give you a code,(mine was 810 891)
4. To unlock the radio:
A. Turn the ignition on.
B. Press "SET" (000 appears on display).
C. Press "SEEK until the first digit of the code appears.
D. Press "TUNE" until the second and third digits
E. Press "AM-FM" (000 appears on display).
F. Press "SEEK" until the fourth digit of the code appears.
G. Press "TUNE" until the fifth and sixth digits of the code appear.
H. Press "AM-FM". Now the radio can be turned on.
see that help you good luck!!!!
Posted on Jul 12, 2008
Here's another variation that worked for me just two days ago... you DO NOT NEED to take it to the dealer and you do NOT need to disconnect the battery, this can all be done with a couple clicks on your radio and call into that phone number.
This was posted previously on another post. ....
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are from STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then #. You’ll hear Invalid Code, try again
09. Press 139010 then #. You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC
Your radio is now un-locked and usable
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
You may have to take it to a GM dealer and have them reset it. You might try disconnecting the battery first.
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2016 | 1995 Chevrolet Astro
Nov 23, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 02, 2014 | 2000 Pontiac Montana
May 02, 2011 | Car Audio & Video
Apr 06, 2010 | 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Mar 18, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Oct 19, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Jul 27, 2009 | 2006 Chevrolet Express
4,913 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!