Hello, I am having troubles connecting to the internet with my psp. I follow all the steps and I have wireless internet. I get through all the steps and when i get to the test connection it say A connection error has occured. The key information exchange timed out. I dont know how to overcome this problem. Please help. Thank you.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: PSP internet connection problem please help!?!?
Check your router.Sometimes the router don`t allow the psp to connect.If you do have a friend with another router try to get access from him.If your friend router allow your machine to work you need to contact the router company and let them fix your problem
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connecting to the internet using your psp is almost the same as connecting through your laptop. If you're having connectivity issue please try to check the error. One of the common error is WLAN switch is off, so make sure that it's properly toggled to the right. If you've already checked and still can't connect try doing the following steps below:
1. Make sure to turn on your PSP as well as the wireless/WLAN switch.
2. Then Navigate to " Network Setting".
3. Select "Infrastructure Mode".
4. Now Select "New Connection" and Name this connection.
5. Navigate to "WLAN Settings" Select "Scan".
6. Your router should now be listed.
7. Please go to "WLAN Security Setting". If you did not select encryption in ROUTER SET-UP, then leave the option as "None".
8. But if you selected encryption in ROUTER SET-UP, then select the appropriate WEP, or WPA.
9. Then navigate to "Address Settings". Select "Easy".
10. Go to "Setting List". Verify that your settings are correct.
11. Navigate to the next screen and press X to save your settings. You should get a message that says "Save Completed. Test Connection". Press X.
12. You should get two quick display messages. The first should say "connecting to access point." The next should say "obtaining IP address".
From this point you already established a connection.
Hope this information will be helpful.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Connecting your PSP to the internet is just like connecting your computer to a router. First to consider is having an access point. So what is an access point? Access point is your router. If you wanted to get started going online using your PSP I suggest trying the following steps below:
1. Just turn on your PSP as well as your WLAN/wiresless.
2. Use the left and right directional button to find "Network Setting".
3. Now look for "Infrastracture Mode".
4. Please select "New Connection" and name it.
5. Go to "WLAN Settings" then select "Scan".
6. Your PSP will now detect your router.
7. Navigate to "WLAN security setting". Just leave the option "NONE", If you dont have an encryption in your Router set up.
8. But if have an encryption in your Router. Then put your WEP or WPA security key.
9. Go to "Address Settings". Select "Easy".
10. Navigate to "Setting List". Check if your setting is correct.
11. Go to the next page then save your setting by pressing x. Then press x again once you get a message that says "Save Completed. Test Connection".
12. Next message would say "connecting to access point." The next should say "obtaining IP address".
You already established a connection and you can now browse the net using your PSP.
The SSID is the NAME of your Routers connection. So you need to know your WiFi connections Name, That's the "Access point" Security, Is IF you assigned a WEP/WAP KEY, when the router was first setup. If NO Key is set, that is what it means "Unsecured",
You need to get a Netgear router manual, for your exact model, it shows all in pictures how to do it.
follow this steps: Connect your DSL modem to your wireless router. Take an Ethernet cable and connect it from the "Out" port from the DSL modem into the "In" port of the wireless modem. Turn both the modem and router on and let them connect to each other. Step
Turn on your Sony PSP by sliding the power button up until the PSP screen turns on. Navigate to the "Settings" part of the PSP menu. All of the settings are located on the left side of the PSP menu. At the bottom of the PSP settings menu is an option named "Network Settings." Select that. Step
Select "Infrastructure Mode" and then "New Connection" from the next screen. Select the "Scan" option and your PSP will look for the nearest wireless connections. Select your router from the list. Your router will be the strongest signal available, and will match the name of the router manufacturer. Step
Select "Easy" on the next page for the "Address Settings" and save the settings. Press the "X" button to test your connection, and you will connect to the access point. Press the "O" button to exit the settings menu. You are now connected to the Internet with your DSL modem.
hello Theresa1,It is simple, you need a working router/Hub and then follow these steps:
1. Turn the Wlan switch on at the top of your PSP
2. go to the settings option on your PSP Menu
3. go onto Network settings
4. click infrastructure Mode
5. click new connection
6. click scan
7. click on your router/Hub
8. Click across
9. Click wep (if offered)
10. Add Wep Key (if offered)
11. Click Across
12. highlight easy + click across
13. Keep clicking across until you get to 'press the X Button to save settings
14. click test connection
15. If Sucsessful click O and your Done!