Question about Kenmore Dishwashers
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if unavailable on line, contact mfg's parts and you should be able to order it.
also, they likely do not make the unit. the sears may be able to tell you who made it. that company would be able to get you a diagram. just make some phone calls.
Posted on Dec 21, 2007
I have a Kenmore 665 about 3 years old
Over the last couple months the touch pads have stopped working and I am now down to one control the water miser!
Do I need a new control pad and is that easy to install ?
Thank you for any sudgetstions
Posted on Feb 08, 2008
Ifixall is correct. I also learned several things with the apartment buildings I maintain.
1. the screen or pump trap must also be cleaned regularly to make sure there is no debris, food etc stuck in there.
2. The spray arms must be free of debris or obstructions.
3. Jet dry solution must be filled or has some solution in it.
4. Water must be hot
5. Scraping dishes and prewash them before putting them into dishwasher.
6 install water softner sometimes helps. (I don't know how true this is, since I am unable to do this in our buildings)
7 drain line must be picked up, or secured to prevent backwash.
8. MAKE sure that the lower rack is not obstructing the sprayer arms. Sometimes overloading dishwashers will cause dishes not being cleaned properly.
9. if all else fails, a service technician can come out to determine if the dishwasher is operating properly.
Posted on May 24, 2008
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
your top spray arm is blocked and not rotating,remove it from top basket and thoroughly clean it paying particular attention to the holes right at the ends these are angled to drive the arms round if they block up the arms will not rotate.
Posted on Nov 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 10, 2012 | Kenmore Dishwashers
I have an older dishwasher also and recently my wife also complained about it not cleaning right... so me being the man I am tried in vain to clean the things... Bought new spray arms online and installed them in minutes...now the thing works like new... However I have also found that if the heating element goes bad then that also can mess things up bad... So I would buy new spray arms, and also check out the heating element to make sure it is working... Here is a tip that will help you with the online buying...
Dishwasher Spray Arms not Spinning
How to Buy Appliance Parts Online
A bad heating element causes many problems in dishwashers...
Dishwasher Problems The Heating Element not Working
Apr 22, 2011 | Kenmore Dishwashers
The scum, film and white residue problems have started since the reduction of phosphates in dishwasher detergents.
Here is a tip that will help you to solve the problem of films, residue, and scum in your dishwasher.
Dishwasher Residue and Film on Dishes
Feb 24, 2011 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Dec 23, 2010 | Kenmore PRO 24 in BuiltIn Dishwasher with...
Here is a tip that will help you to find out why water will not come into the dishwasher...
Dishwasher Trouble No Water entering Dishwasher
Sep 25, 2010 | Kenmore PRO 24 in BuiltIn Dishwasher with...
Jun 06, 2010 | Kenmore PRO 24 in BuiltIn Dishwasher with...
Nov 24, 2017 | Kenmore Dishwashers
May 02, 2017 | Dishwashers
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: