Question about Western Digital WD Passport 250GB Portable Drive 250 GB Hard Drive
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your drive is probably in FAT32 format. FAT32 has a 4GB file limit that is why your 5GB movie isn't saving. You will have to format the drive in Mac OS file format (HFS) using Disk Utility.
Unfortunately once its in Mac format the drive will not be recognized by windows PCs. What I do is have a program called macdrive installed on my windows computers so that they can access mac format hard drives.
i hope this helps!
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
sounds like you are using the wrong power supply. Check the amp output on the power plug you plug into the wall make sure its the same as the amp input of your external harddrive
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
try to connect the usb port properly maybe there is a loose contact. and try to remove all the gadgets connected in the computer... only connect the external HDD
Posted on Oct 30, 2010
SOURCE: I forgot my password to
to remove the hdd password do the follwing
1) Restart your computer. Note that during computer restart, the screen goes blank for 3 to 5 seconds. Text then appears and the operating system boots up.
2) As soon as the first text lines appear on the screen, press the "Del" key on your keyboard to enter the BIOS setup
3) Navigate to "Security" in the BIOS menu using the arrow keys on your keyboard
4) Navigate to the option "Hard Disk User Password" and press "Enter
5) Navigate to a hard drive, press "Enter" and select "Disable" to remove the hard drive password.
6) Press "F10" to save and exit the BIOS settings. Computer booting resumes.
this will remove the hdd password
Posted on Jan 28, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 20, 2014 | Western Digital 2TB WD ELEMENTS USB...
Mar 05, 2012 | Western Digital Passport WDXML800UE...
Feb 23, 2012 | Western Digital 1TB WD ELEMENTS USB...
Jan 24, 2011 | Western Digital External USB 2.0 80 GB...
Jan 08, 2011 | Western Digital WD 750GB MYBOOK OFFICE...
Nov 17, 2010 | Western Digital 250GB ELEMENTS EXTERNAL...
May 08, 2010 | Western Digital External USB 2.0 80 GB...
Apr 11, 2009 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Apr 06, 2009 | Western Digital Passport 160GB External...
Nov 28, 2008 | Western Digital Caviar SE16 (WD5000AAKS)...
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: