Question about Optics

1 Answer

Where can a buy an eyepiece for a Jason model 347EFL telescope.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 3,186 Answers

Eyepieces come in 3 sizes -- .965, 1.25, and 2 inch. Measure the hole in the focuser and buy the correct size. These are sold by many on line retailers here are two:

Posted on Nov 12, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a jason saturn telescope and everything is upside down

That's completely normal and correct for all astronomical telescopes.

If you want upright images for viewing terrestrial objects then you need to buy an adaptor called an "erecting prism" which sits between the eyepiece and the focuser. Astronomy telescopes don't use them as any unnecessary optical elements reduce image quality and contrast.

To get the correct sized erecting prism, measure the diameter of your eyepiece where it fits into the telescope. If it's 1.25" (31.75mm) then you'll find loads of them from online sites. If it's 0.965" (24.5mm) then it will be harder to find one as those sizes are only used on cheap chuck away toy telescopes, and any you do find are likely to be of very poor optical quality. IIRC, "Jason Saturn" was a brand name applied to a number of different models sourced from various manufacturers in N.America; the quality of individual models varies but I think they all used 1.25" viewfinders.

Aug 27, 2011 | Optics

2 Answers

I bought a jason mercury model 407 which needs an eye piece.can some tell me where to order it and part number?

This scope has a ,965 in. diagonal (measure the diameter of the diagonal opening.) max power is about 120x
I would get a 20mm for low power e.g.

and a 9mm for higher power

These are cheap eyepieces but it is a cheap scope. I would not put a lot of money into it.

If you get interested in astronomy, purchase a quality Celestron, Meade or Orion (for example) reflector scope.

Mar 19, 2011 | Optics

1 Answer

I really need the owners manual for the Jason 200x Mercury Astronomical Telescope Model #404

This is a very simple refractor telescope. The eyepiece goes into the diagonal which is placed into the small end of the tube.

Here is a picture. Is this your scope?

As you can see it is for sale on Ebay at a very low cost. Here is a similar Meade telescope manual which you can read. They all assemble and are used the same way.

Nov 23, 2010 | Optics

1 Answer

I can not focus the finder scope

Most finders focus by either turning the lens, or the eyepiece portion of the finder. Look through the eyepiece at a distant object and try turning one or the other as described above.

Jan 18, 2010 | Bushnell Deep Space 78-9512 (120 x 60mm)...

1 Answer

Jason 313 telescope doesn't focus properly. Can

Put the eyepiece with the largest number written on it into the telescope. DO NOT use the 2x barlow if you have one. Go outside during the day time and practice focusing on a distant object.

The moon should be your first target.

Nov 01, 2009 | Optics

1 Answer

I need an eyepiece for a jason telescope model 411 where can I bu

Try They have a wide selection of standard eyepieces.

Sep 09, 2009 | Optics

1 Answer

Set up a Jason 307 Explorer Telescope?

Jason and Bushnell are the same company. Here is a list of the manuals. Find your telescope-

Look down the web page.

Aug 10, 2009 | Bushnell Optics

1 Answer

Jason 200X model 404

Hello, you could add any telescope accessory or eyepiece with this Jason mercury 200x model 404. It has an eyepiece size of .965. I would recommend buying a .965 to 1.25 adapter which can be found on ebay. This would provide you a new mirror and allow more options for eyepieces which will be better quality.

Jun 13, 2009 | Jason Folding Compact...

1 Answer

Missing eyepiece.

You can buy an eyepiece from 1000 different retailers-- just get the correct SIZE usually 1.25 inch BUT many of these smaller scopes have .965 eyepieces-- MEASURE the hole. Here are two places that sell eyepieces--

Jun 09, 2009 | Vivitar Optics

Not finding what you are looking for?
Optics Logo

Related Topics:

297 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Optics Experts

Joe Lalumia aka...
Joe Lalumia aka...

Level 3 Expert

3186 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

Mark Campeau

Level 1 Expert

44 Answers

Are you an Optic Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides