Question about HP DeskJet 3940 InkJet Photo Printer
When I send a print job to the 3940 it appears in the print job window very briefly saying that it is spooling and then it disappears never to be seen again. Can't get it to print anything. Not sure what to do.
Tips for a great answer:
If you are recieving memory errors, it is because the information you are sending to the printer is too large for it's internal memory to process. There are a number of things you can do.
- install more memory into the printer if your printer allows that (check your user guide)
- send smaller jobs (if sending multiple page jobs - break them into smaller counts)
- Make sure to use the PS driver for pdf and photo printing, and the PCL driver for plain text.
Also, in the Printers and Faxes window (can be found in the control panel if it isn't on your menu) right click on the icon for your printer and select properties. Select the Advanced tab and make sure these two settings are marked
- Spool print documents do document finishes printing faster
- Start printing immediately
May 17, 2012 | HP Printers & Copiers
Aug 31, 2011 | Lexmark X2670 All-In-One Printer
Jan 13, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One InkJet...
Dec 14, 2009 | HP Hewlett Packard LaserJet P1005 Printer
Oct 10, 2009 | HP PSC 1350v All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 07, 2007 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!