I have had that problem a few times, it started after i did a firmware update, so i just undid all the screws holding the back on,(including the 2 under the cf card slot's cover) and unplugged the battery for 10 seconds and plugged it back in and it worked fine.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hiya!! i have one of these pesky things. it has a mind of its own!! u need to reset it by pressing "previous track" and "volume up" buttons (in that order). screen should go blank, then turn on as normal. also i would recommend updating firmware to version 6.6 at www. phillips support
If your Zen V is dead, wont respond to anything, try this, plug it in to the computer, hold the power switch in the on position, THEN trigger the reset button, worked like a charm for mine, I had thought it a lost cause." Q. How to reset Zen v + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22T_gkkZjmM&feature=related
I had the same problem. Reset the device, by pushing the reset button down (a small hole next to the usb connector). Then hold down the play button for a few seconds. That should work. If that doesn't work, after reseting, hold down the play button and A-B Button for a few seconds.
1. Download the updated firmware at www.memorexelectronics.com.
2. Unzip the file, then double click setup.exe in the Desktop folder to install the
software to your computer.
3. Connect the player to the computer using the supplied USB cable and the
installation screen will appear. (If the installation screen does not appear, unplug
the USB cable and turn off the unit. Connect to the computer again and press and
hold the Power On/Off/Stop button until the installation screen appears.)
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
5. When finished, click START and locate the newly installed software “Beam
Cadillac” and select “Firmware Download”.