Question about Computers & Internet
What do I need to do to validate? I don't even get a prompt for a password, it just goes straight to connecting then hangs on "Validating Identity"
I believe this has to do with your automatic router/setup for wireless
networks....but this is what I did to clear the same problem:
1) Right click on the tray icon that is searching for validation and select status.
2) A "Wireless Network Connection Status" box will open, click "Properties".
3) Your "Wireless Connection Properties" box will open showing the Wireless Networks available. Find the wireless network you are connected to and highlight it by clicking once, then click "Properties" just below.
4) Another box will then open with the properties for your network. Click on the "Authentication" tab.
5) Un-check the "Enable IEEE 802.1x Authentication...." checkbox.
You're good to go.... :)
Posted on Aug 11, 2008
Worked a treat - thanks!
Posted on Jul 12, 2010
Thanks, worked immediately.
But on my system I also had to un-check a statement about getting information stored on the computer before it would let me un-check the "Enable IEEE 802.1x Authentication...." checkbox.
Otherwise, it kept rechecking the IEEE box.
Posted on Nov 10, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2014 | TP-LINK (TL-WN822N) Pre-802.11n Wireless...
Jun 14, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Sep 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 21, 2011 | NetGear WNDR3400 N600 Wireless Dual Band...
Jan 17, 2011 | D-Link Air DWL 520 802.11b (DWL-520)...
Feb 06, 2010 | D-Link High-Speed 802.11g Wireless PCI...
Oct 10, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jan 20, 2009 | Gigabyte GN-WIAG02 (GNWIAG02) 802.11g/b...
Jun 08, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 17, 2008 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
9,845 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!