Question about Bosch Washing Machines
Welcome to FixYa.
Based on your post there may indeed be something stuck, however this can also be the bi-product of the unit not spinning/draining properly.
These are the steps I'd suggest you take to move forward...
**Unplug the washer from the wall or turn off the breaker before attempting any repairs**
Get some towels and if possible a wet/dry vac. If the machine drained, it won't be too bad. If your machine is stuck full of water, that sucks...hopefully you won't get too wet. ( maybe you`re lucky enough to be close to a floor drain )
3. Insert the bit into the hole in the door. It will push in a tab, it doesn't take much force. Rotate the hole (clockwise) to 6'oclock and it should come free. (the edges are very sharp so be careful...I usually cover the edges with electrical or duct tape or wear welders gloves).
4. Once the door is out of the way you'll be greeted by a 3-4" plastic cap with wings so you can unscrew it by hand or with the aid of pliers.
( you should also see a ring with a string attached, if you pull this the door should unlatch, but getting the water out first is usually a good planBosch nexxt 500 plus series - macmarkus_31.jpgbr /> THIS RELEASES THE DOOR LATCH IF PULLED
There is a small collector lip at the bottom of the cap, that is where you can hold the wet/dry vac to catch the water. Unscrew slowly so you don't get flooded, until it is unscrewed all the way out
5. Now pull out the trap and visually inspect the inside of the pump as well as the filter/trap.
Hopefully you'll find the item/debris that initiBosch nexxt 500 plus series - macmarkus_28.jpgere.
6. After removing any debris or obstruction`s re-install the button trap/lint filter and plug the washer in to power or reset the breaker and give it a test.
7. Run a load and watch for leaks. Leave the pump access door off until you are sure you screwed the cap in tight and there are no leaks.
Ultimately you may have a faulty drain pump, or door lock but I would certainly start by performing the things I listed first.
Let me know if you require further assistance and if not and this solves your problem, please rate the solution I provided accordingly.
Thank you for coming to "FixYa" and good luck.
Posted on Nov 11, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2010 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
May 25, 2010 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Oct 16, 2009 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Jul 13, 2009 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Jul 03, 2009 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Nov 21, 2008 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Aug 31, 2008 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
May 17, 2008 | Bosch Nexxt 300 Series WFMC2201UC
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!