Question about Dishwashers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
After the first try of our dishwasher the water didn't completely drain. Ever since the same level of water hasn't drained from the dishwasher.
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
SOURCE: Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Problem
I had this same problem so I took the front panel off to access the thermal fuse. What I found instead was that food had become lodged in the door latch which was keeping the door safety switch from operating properly. I took a thin screwdriver and removed the food from the cavity. Since you did not have the problem in your first five years the cavity just might be the problem since that is about the amount of time it took me to get too much food stuck in mine as well. This solution took five seconds and requires no disassembly.
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Hope everything goes well for you,
Posted on Feb 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2014 | Kenmore Elite Stainless Steel 24" BuiltIn...
Jul 22, 2014 | Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher with...
Dec 06, 2011 | Kenmore Elite Stainless Steel 24" BuiltIn...
Feb 03, 2011 | Kenmore Elite Stainless Steel 24" BuiltIn...
May 11, 2010 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
Nov 22, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 17482 / 17484 / 17489...
Oct 08, 2009 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jun 01, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 17482 / 17484 / 17489...
Jan 26, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 16352 / 16354 / 16359...
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!