Question about Parkinson Cowan SG340 Gas Kitchen Range
i have one of the above ovens but lately the main oven is giving me a headache! The problem is that when the main oven is ignited the flame burns at a constant high setting whether or not i have the oven set for a low heat. This then means i cannot cook something slowly as the flame is always scorching the food. Can someone please suggest what is wrong and which part i need to sort this?
When foods come out burned, soggy, or unevenly baked, it generally means heat isn't being distributed evenly throughout the oven, it's escaping out the door, or the controls are out of adjustment.
1) Remove any aluminum foil from racks or the bottom of the oven.
2) Check the door gasket, and, if necessary, replace it.
3) Be sure nothing is obstructing the vent.
4) Reposition the oven racks so baking pans aren't too close to the heat sources.
5) Check your baking pans. If they're dark, they may be burning your food. Reduce the temperature by 25 degrees Fahrenheit when baking in dark metal or glass pans.
You can also recalibrate the controls. If your oven has calibration right on the knob, you can calibrate the appliance as follows. If it doesn't, call an appliance repairperson. To adjust the thermostat's calibration:
1) Remove the oven temperature knob by pulling it off its shaft.
2) Notice the current setting, and then move the pointer in either direction to adjust its temperature slightly up or down. It's intentionally difficult to move the pointer on some models; if this is the case, you'll have to remove a couple of screws. Figure that moving it one notch will change the setting by 10 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) For more accurate calibration, call an appliance repairperson.
Do rate the solution i need it!!
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2015 | Parkinson Cowan Kitchen Ranges
Jan 06, 2015 | Parkinson Cowan Kitchen Ranges
Jun 30, 2010 | Parkinson Cowan SG320 Gas Kitchen Range
Dec 02, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges
Nov 16, 2009 | Parkinson Cowan SG320 Gas Kitchen Range
Apr 23, 2009 | Parkinson Cowan SG555 Gas Kitchen Range
Oct 05, 2008 | Parkinson Cowan SG340 Gas Kitchen Range
Jan 31, 2015 | Parkinson Cowan SG340 Gas Kitchen Range
451 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: