Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
To remove the washer console and casing, follow these steps:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console by sliding a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
To re-install the washer case:
1. With the lid of the washer open, grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make sure the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side and reinsert the brass clips. Place the clip into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push it into the opening on top of the washer. It will snap back into to place.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console by placing the pastic tabs on each end into the grooves on the top of the washer casing. Place the back tabs in first and push the console down until it snaps back in place.
If you need further assistance please post back and let me know. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet Steam WFW9700V Front Load...
on Dec 13, 2009 | Washing Machines
Apr 18, 2011 | Whirlpool LEQ8000JQ Electric Dryer
Jun 10, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jun 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Feb 03, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jan 29, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jan 24, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jan 09, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Aug 02, 2007 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!