To connect to the internet;
Setting up Infrastructure Mode;
- Check that you have your PSP® (PlayStation® Portable)
system set up for Wireless (WLAN) networking in Infrastructure Mode.
- Make sure the WLAN switch on the left side of the PSP® is
turned on so that the PSP® can connect to the internet.
- Make sure you are within range of a wireless access point (or
hotspot) that allows connections to the internet.
- Select (WWW) under (Network) from the home menu and prehow can i put internet in my psp? - icn_btnx_color.gif//i.fixya.net/uploads/images/icn_btnx_color.gif" alt="icn_btnx_color.gif" class="h_mi" />.
- Use the up and down buttons to select the address bar and
press to display the on-screen keyboard.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the address for the web
page you want to display.
- When you have finished entering the address, how can i put internet in my psp? - icn_btnx_color.gifter button and press Select a connection and press .
- To hide the on-screen menu, press .
Infrastructure Mode allows you to connect your PSP® (PlayStation®
Portable) system to the internet through a wireless network (WLAN) access
To set up Infrastructure Mode on your PSP®:
- A PSP® with system software version 2.0 or later.
- A wireless network(WLAN) access point with internet access, such as:
- A Wi-Fi hotspot (such as those at cafés, hotels and airports).
- A home wireless network, which might include:
- A subscription to an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- A DSL or cable modem
- A wireless broadband router
- Settings used for the SSID, WEP/WPA-PSK encryption and WEP/WPA-PSK key,
as specified when the wireless access point was configured.
You can also check http://www.us.playstation.com/support/psp
- Make sure how can i put internet in my psp? - icn_settings.gifon the left side of the PSP® is turned on
so that the PSP® can connect to the internet.
- Select (Network Settings) and
- Select Infrastructure Mode and press .
- Select New Connection and press .
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter a name for the connection, then
press the right arrow button to continue.
- To set the Service Set Identifier (SSID) for the access point, select
one of the following:
- Scan: searches for and then displays a list of access points
(or wireless networks) how can i put internet in my psp? - icn_btnx_color.gifSIDs.
- Enter Manually: allows the user to enter the SSID using the
keyboard. Select this option if you know the SSID of the
- If you choose the Scan option in the previous step, select the access
point to be used and press .
- Confirm the SSID and press the right directional button.
- To enter security information for the access point, choose one of the
- None: does not set security information.
- Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES):
all set security information. Press the right arrow button to
move to the screen for entering WEP or WPA (Wi-Fi Protected
Note: The WEP and WPA key fields display eight asterisks
no matter how many characters you enter as the key.
- After entering the security information, press the right arrow button to
- To select the address setting method, choose one of the following:
- Easy: the following information is automatically set
Note: Most home networks will allow you to use the
Easy address setting, which is recommended.
- IP address settings: Automatic
- DNS settings: Automatic
- Proxy server: Do Not Use
- Internet browser: Do Not Start
- Custom: you can manually enter detailed setting information,
such as when you are using a static IP network. For details, see
the instructions supplied with the network device or the how can i put internet in my psp? - icn_btnx_color.gifprovided by your ISP.
- After selecting the address setting method, press the right arrow
button thow can i put internet in my psp? - icn_btnx_color.gif
- Check the settings, using the left arrow button to return to previous
screens to make any necessary corrections.
- To save the new connhow can i put internet in my psp? - icn_btncircle_color.gif"http://i.fixya.net/uploads/images/icn_btnx_color.gif" alt="icn_btnx_color.gif" class="h_mi" />.
- To test the connection, select Test Connection and press
- If the connection is successful, information about the network
connection will appear. Press to end the connection test.
for more information.