Question about Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
It keeps saying "communication error" then"turn printer on and off to reset"-I have done that , also checked all connextions(the printer was printing fine minutes before it started doing this) paper is not jammed, ink is fine, cover is tightly closed-I can't figure it out
What is your operating system? Windows 2000, XP, Vista or You are running on a Mac OS 10.4.x or 10.5.x and what is the processor. We will need that info so we can further assist you.
By the way for the mean time you may want to try this.
This is what you can call a stand alone test for your printer.
To make sure your printer is physically functioning you can try this.
1. Turn the printer off by holding down the POWER button for about 3 seconds.
2. Disconnect the printer cable that is connecting printer to the computer.
3. Load A4 or LETTER size paper in the sheet feeder on the back of the printer.
4. Hold down the PAPER button and press the POWER button to turn on the printer. Then, release only the POWER button. Continue holding down the PAPER button until the POWER light starts to flash, and then release it.
5. The printer will print a pattern displaying a number and a nozzle pattern with black & color. Examine the nozzle check pattern that has printed. Each staggered horizontal line and straight vertical line should be complete.
If the Nozzle Check Pattern page does not print, prints with gaps or some of the colors do no appear, then there is an issue with the printer. That means that troubleshooting is required on the printer prior to using printer on the computer.
If the Nozzle Check Pattern page prints correctly and completely, the problem may lie within your software settings, the interface cable, or your computer. Which like I said earlier we will need the additional info about your computer. Keep us posted so we can help you out.
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2014 | Epson WorkForce Office Equipment &...
Sep 10, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
Jul 30, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
Nov 08, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
Oct 28, 2009 | Epson Stylus 2200 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 06, 2009 | Epson Stylus C46 InkJet Printer
Jan 16, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
Sep 10, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
Apr 19, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
Mar 07, 2014 | Epson Stylus Photo 1280 InkJet Printer
267 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!