It keeps saying "communication error" then"turn printer on and off to reset"-I have done that , also checked all connextions(the printer was printing fine minutes before it started doing this) paper is not jammed, ink is fine, cover is tightly closed-I can't figure it out
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: my epson 1280 will not print
What is your operating system? Windows 2000, XP, Vista or You are running on a Mac OS 10.4.x or 10.5.x and what is the processor. We will need that info so we can further assist you. By the way for the mean time you may want to try this.
This is what you can call a stand alone test for your printer.
To make sure your printer is physically functioning you can try this.
1. Turn the printer off by holding down the POWER button for about 3 seconds.
2. Disconnect the printer cable that is connecting printer to the computer.
3. Load A4 or LETTER size paper in the sheet feeder on the back of the printer.
4. Hold down the PAPER button and press the POWER button to turn on the printer. Then, release only the POWER button. Continue holding down the PAPER button until the POWER light starts to flash, and then release it.
5. The printer will print a pattern displaying a number and a nozzle pattern with black & color. Examine the nozzle check pattern that has printed. Each staggered horizontal line and straight vertical line should be complete.
If the Nozzle Check Pattern page does not print, prints with gaps or some of the colors do no appear, then there is an issue with the printer. That means that troubleshooting is required on the printer prior to using printer on the computer.
If the Nozzle Check Pattern page prints correctly and completely, the problem may lie within your software settings, the interface cable, or your computer. Which like I said earlier we will need the additional info about your computer. Keep us posted so we can help you out.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check your cables are in the correct positions., Turn the printer off and reboot your computer. Check the computer and see if it " finds" the printer. On the PC, press "start" look for and click on "printers and or accessories" Your printer should be displayed there. Click on properties. If the PC cant find it, I would say the cable is damaged or disconnected or the software for your printer has been deleted or failed. You may have to reinstall the software again.
This has two ink cartridges 007 and 009. The black sometimes does not seat and lock in por becomes losse. Sometimes the lock in place tab becomes broken. If using Epson brand they have a chip in them that stops it from printing.sometimes and needs a reset progeram from Epson. best guess the cartrdige is loose.!
type services.msc in command prompt you will get new window ,find print spooler services kindly stop the service and start it and close the page and restart you system and disconnect the printer,when system restarts then connect the printer ,try print some doc . also see that drivers related to printer are installed in pc by checking in device manager ,you may also try unistalling the device and reinstalling it,you will not fail this time.
Click on start-control panel-printers and faxes. Do you have more than one copy of the printer installed? If so, my advice is to uninstall them all and then do a new installation. But FIRST, make sure there are no jobs left in the print queue. Double-click each printer icon in turn and delete/cancel any print jobs listed. Then delete each "copy" of the printer and finally uninstall the printer using the Control Panel-Add/remove Programs-Epson Printer Software. After you have done all this, turn OFF the printer, reboot the computer and then re-install the printer. Make sure you keep the printer turned off until the installation program asks you to turn it on.
If none of this helps or is appropriate, or you want further information, please report back.
Follow the instructions below in an attempt to resolve the issue you are experiencing.
1) Turn off the printer and remove all paper from the paper tray. 2) With the printer off, check for any obstructions such as torn paper or foreign objects. 3) Place 20-30 sheets of paper in the printer, ensuring none of the paper is torn or creased. 4) Make sure that the paper is flush with the far right edge of paper tray, move the left edge paper guide over so that it touches the left side of the paper. 5) Attempt printing.