a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I am not exactly sure what you mean by "can i update computer using usb w/driver for newer mouse", but if you want to know if you can update the USB component of Windows 98 I regret to say to you that it's not possible. USB support on Windows 98 always been tricky and Microsoft never officially supported it before Windows 98 SE. I don't know what version you have, but either way USB support under Windows 98 never been great. You also need to keep in mind that Windows 98 is quite an old system and no recent hardware like mouse, keyboard, printers is supported on it anymore. My advise would be to upgrade your current Windows installation to Windows XP or Windows 2000. A friend can probably lend you a copy and I'm 100% positive that it will solve your problem with newer mices. You will need to make sure your computer can handle Windows XP or 2000, but they can run under pretty old hardware so it should not be a problem. Cheers!
you will need the usb port drivers for windows 98 and the usb drivers for the printer as the earlier windows 98 had'nt the usb drivers included with operating system an as the new motherboards came about with usb ports then a new in 98 was needed to catter for this that's why you have win 98 first edition and win 98 se edition please chech that you have the driuvers installed for both parts to work.
Just follow the following steps:
1) Locate the USB port of your Nokia N72 phone. See Manual if needed.
2) If your mobile phone has a USB Data Cable supplied, connect the end that matches the hub while connect the USB end to your USB port of your PC.
3) If your mobile phone has a CD supplied, this contain the PCSuite software bundled with drivers for your PC operating system.
4) Insert the CD to your CDRom drive.
5) After step 4, you will see a window saying install PCSuite then choose Yes.
6) Choose which operating system. If you use Windows 98, then choose the driver for Windows 98.
7) After installation, reboot/restart tour PC to complete the setup process but never disconnect yet your USB Cables from your mobile phone to PC.
8) Once restarted click on the icon of the PCSuite on your PC, then check if your PC can communicate with your mobile phone and vice versa. To do this click connect via USB if the datas in your mobile phone is seen then connection is correct.
If your problem is USB Driver for Windows 98, i suggest you upgrade your PC operating system to Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Old operating platforms have driver problems when new devices are attached to. But if you choose Windows 98, you will have to browse the internet in search of drivers. Just let me know if you have not found a driver. I'll assist you with this.
hi, well xp is a better OS than 98 ( i think) ... few things you should know that xp is pre-installed with lotsa drivers..but on the other hand 98 isn't .. so each time you put in a USB device you need to install the driver for that device( eg your camera, pen drive etc...) . this drivers would be there accompanied with your device. hope it helps regards bzoy
You'll have to explain what you want to do? If you want to download your images, you don't need a driver, just attach a Windows 98 compatible card reader to your USB port and download your pictures to your favorite photo manager. You should be able to attach your camera via USB, and if the USB drivers detect the camera's disk, then a new drive will appear your My Computer.
If you have Windows 98 Second Edition, you should be set to go, if you have Windows 98 First Edition (where it doesn't say Second Edition in the My Computer properties), you'll have a tougher time with the USB connections. It would be best to upgrade your machine, or find the Windows 98 SE upgrade from a friend.
The CD that came with the camera will have the necessary software for Windows 98 SE.
What have you tried to do? What isn't working? Let me know some details and I'll help you out.
Hope these ideas help. Clarify some things and I can give you a more narrow answer.