Question about Home

1 Answer

Bought a new Fluidmaster from Home Depot and lost my instruction sheet in english......Colony FitRight two piece toilet. after flushing, the water still runs (most times) into the refill tube. It looks like the 400A refill valve. I have adjusted the float but the arm will not shut off the water unless I manually touch it....I'm missing an adjustment some where. appreciate any help Al

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 100 times.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 135 Answers

First, turn water off at wall valve under toilet. Next, find the plastic ring/collar almost at the bottom of the fluidmaster's shaft inside the tank. Pull UP on the locking ring/collar until it comes loose. This releases the upper shaft from the lower shaft and it can be pulled up or pushed down on the lower shaft to make the entire shaft taller or shorter. It has to be pulled or pushed over some plastic grooves, so it may take a bit of twisting and/or moderate force to move it. You must LOCK the ring/collar back down to the bottom of the upper shaft before turning the water back on. Locking the ring back down may require a bit of twisting back and forth to line up those grooves inside the shaft. Only turn water back on after this lockring is pushed securely back down, after adjusting the shaft height.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Im a woman so i dont know much about this stuff but my toilet bowl wont refill and i need to know what to do... i have a fluidmaster 200a

Take off the cover and look at the mechanism when you flush. It's possible the set screw that keeps the flush rod in place has just loosened. If not then the easiest way to deal with this is to replace the Toilet Refill Valve. Turn the water line at the base of the toilet to off. Flush until most of the water is out of the tank, the go to Home Depot and buy this:

Fluidmaster Toilet Tank Fill Valve 200AX The Home Depot

Unscrew the old one and screw in the new one.

May 03, 2015 | Home

1 Answer

Occasionally after flushing ,water continues to trickle slightly in toilet bowl. Have changed flapper twice. Wondering if the seat that the flapper sits on is worn or something. It looks ok. Have a one...

Make sure the flush valve is closing properly and that the water level is not set too high causing water to enter the overflow tube. If the flapper seat is damaged and cannot just be be cleaned, you can add a new seat right over the old one. Fluidmaster sells them for just a few dollars. Most hardware stores have them - Home Depot and Lowes stock them.

Feb 27, 2011 | Eljer Toilet Onepiece Canterbury ...

1 Answer

How do you remove or replace the flapper.

Your leak is most likely caused by either a worn flapper or a worn valve seal. Best bet is to replace both as the coat for a new valve assembly and flapper is about $12 at Home Depot. Look for the Fluidmaster display in the plumbing department. Easy to follow instructions are included. Since you have a one-piece toilet you'll need to be sure that it will fit so measure the depth of the tank.

Jun 02, 2010 | Eljer Toilet Onepiece Canterbury ...

1 Answer

Flushing and floatball adjustment problems

sounds as though it needs the thing that lets the water in replaced, now a new one won't resemble your original one (or it might) but don't be alarmed, one fits all, you wouldn't want original replacement, cost to much....get a new one called a "fluidmaster", any hardware store, home depot and the like,....cherio, cracklin joe

Jan 07, 2010 | Eljer Toilet Onepiece Canterbury ...

1 Answer

A working toilet all of a sudden won't fill back up. When I pour water into the tank, it will flush, but it doesn't refill.

There could be a couple of things you need to check.
First turn the water off at the valve right under the left side of the toilet. Then take off the hose at the big nut right up under the left side of the toilet. Check to make sure that there is no dirt pligging the hole going into the toilet. Also open the valve and make sure that water runs into a bucket of pan from the hose.
If everything seems fine there then the fill valve will need to be replaced.
A Fluidmaster 400A or equivalent fill valve will be a universal replacement that will fit your toilet.

I hope that this will help you to solve your problem!

Thanks for using Fixya!!


Dec 09, 2009 | American Standard Colony 2388.012.222...

1 Answer

My American Standard toilet flushes okay but when it is filling up the water will not stop running unless I lift the top and depress the lever.

Replace the fill valve. You can pick one up[ at Home dep or Lowes for about 20 buks. Close your angle stop at wall behind toilet. Drain all water from tank then remove supply loine from under tank. Then unscrew fill valve and remove gasket and all. Remember to put gasket in new one. :)

Sep 07, 2009 | American Standard Colony 2388.012.222...

1 Answer

Eljer century toilet splashes water up on toilet seat

You can try replacing the flapper with a timed flapper. You can purchase one at Home Depot and they are made by fluidmaster. Set the flapper on the shortest flush time thus reducing the flow of water. If this doesn't help, try to isolate the particular holes that are causing the greatest amount of splash. Using an epoxy glue (after the holes are completely dry) plug them up with the glue. This is a permanent fix so be careful.

Apr 10, 2009 | Eljer Toilet Twopiece Century 091820543

1 Answer

Poor flush, need to repeat. plumber says bad flush valve, only 2 yrs. old. had sewer lines cleaned.

probably is. You can fix it yourself very easily.
Go buy a FluidMaster flush vale (Home Depot for about $20.00) follow directions in the box and you should have it fixed in about 30 minutes or less
Save you a bunch on labor by the plumber.

Apr 08, 2009 | American Standard Traditional Champion4...

1 Answer

Water comes from bottom of tank when commode is flushed. I have a two piece toilet, upon flushing it water pours from in between the two joined parts-tank and commode.

You need a new tank gasket. It is a rubber piece that seals between the tank and the bowl. They are fairly inexpensive and if you have patience and a little plumbing know-how; they can be changed at home. Here is a good on-line set of instructions:

Mar 27, 2009 | American Standard Colony 2388.012.222...

1 Answer

American Standard toilet settings screws not adjusted right

sounds like an old tiolet (3.5 gpf) my best answer is to replace with new fluidmaster! (lowes or homedepot) easy fix!

Mar 10, 2009 | American Standard Colony 2388.012.222...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

266 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

687 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

49110 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17758 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides