Question about Lands Phones
Unfortunately, there is no way to completely remove the browser button
(unless you glue it which many people have done). The fix below only
DELAYS the browser for a couple of seconds and enables you enough time to hit the
END key so you won't get charged.
Open the slider and type *#4777*8665# and a menu should pop up. Go to menu number 5, Attach Mode. Select Manual attach. OK. It will inform you that you need to restart the phone for this to take effect - do this later. Then go to menu number 2, GPRS detach. The phone will notify you that it has done the GPRS detach, which means that it is no longer connected to the GPRS network. Now restart the phone, and there should be a blue and white G at the top of the screen instead of a red and white one. You may reverse this at any time by going back to the secret menu and selecting Auto attach and GPRS attach.
This will not adversely affect your ability to add minutes to the phone via Tracfone's website or by using a minutes card purchased in a store. If blocking the browser makes you unable to add minutes directly from the phone, just GPRS attach again and you'll be fine. If you cannot remember the code, consider putting it into a note (in the tools menu) for safe keeping.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Dec 28, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 06, 2011 | Samsung Computers & Internet
You'll need to complete all steps for this to work.
The phone has a 4-way directional 'Navi' key and 2 soft keys on either side of this. The Navi key can also be pressed in to select options.
1. Press the 'i' button (press navi key).
2. Highlight 'Browser' and press 'Select' (left softkey).
3. Highlight 'Browser settings' and press 'Select' (left softkey).
4. Press 'Options' (left softkey) , highlight 'Add new connection' and 'Select' (left softkey).
5. Highlight 'Profile Name' and enter 'giffgaff GPRS WAP'
6. Highlight 'Homepage URL' and enter 'http://giffgaff.com/mobile'.
7. Check that 'Proxy' is ticked (press Navi key to tick/untick).
8. Highlight 'IP Address' and enter '220.127.116.11'.
9. Highlight 'Port' and enter '8080'
10. Ignore 'Linger time' (this is preset at 90).
11. Check that 'DNS' is unticked (press Navi key to tick/untick).
12. Highlight 'Bearer' and select 'GPRS' by pressing the Navi key right or left.
13. Highlight 'Advanced settings' and select using center Navi key.
14. Highlight 'APN' and enter 'giffgaff.com'.
15. Highlight 'Login ID' and enter 'giffgaff'.
16. Highlight 'Password' and enter 'password'.
17. Press 'Save' twice (left softkey).
18. Highlight 'giffgaff GPRS WAP' and press 'Options' (left softkey)
19. Highlight 'Activate' and 'Select' (left softkey).
20. Press 'Back' (right softkey) 3 times to return to the main screen.
The GPRS WAP settings are now complete.
Dec 21, 2010 | Samsung SGH-J600 Cellular Phone
Oct 04, 2010 | LG TracFone 600 Cell Phone - TF600GP4
Aug 21, 2010 | Samsung Lands Phones
May 20, 2010 | NorStar T7316E Corded Phone
Mar 16, 2010 | Lands Phones
Mar 16, 2010 | NorStar Meridian M7310 Phone
Nov 12, 2009 | NorStar Meridian M7310 Phone
Nov 03, 2009 | NorStar M7324 Telephone
Nov 02, 2009 | NorStar Meridian M7310 Phone
Oct 22, 2017 | RCA Lands Phones
342 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!