Somebody gave me a Compaq Armada M700 PC Notebook, Whenever I switch-on the laptop it runs smoothly up to 5-10 minutes, means it was already in the display of the wallpaper, when the fan of the heatsink stops after a minute it just shut down on its own. Sometimes it doesn't open at all, Is it normal that the fan stop when the laptop working?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To get to the recovery partition on your Compaq Armada M700, turn on the notebook and press F11 repeatedly until "Windows is loading files..." displays on the screen. Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
If your notebook originally came with Windows XP or an earlier version of Windows, try pressing F10 to enter recovery instead of F11.
It's either heat or virus related. 1st clean your vents with a can of compressed air. 2nd listen to make sure your fan is spinning. If these are all clean & working then run a good anti-virus program to make sure your laptop is not infected. If heat is still a problem you can purchase a laptop cooling pad for around $30. Hope this helps.
It could be just a coincidence...but lets try a few things...
Remove the battery and unplug from the wall. Hold the power button on...and then plug back into power...after 8 seconds release the power button. Once your computer boots to desktop...shut down...and replace the battery.
Changing the harddrive should have anything to do with teh battery...
See if your battery starts charging after this trick.
Hope you doing good.
Please try the following solution :
1. Disconnect the power cable.
2. Take out the battery
3. Keep holding down the power button for 60 seconds.
4. Put the battery back in.
5. Connect the power adapter
6. Make sure the Power adapter is switched on and laptop is on AC Power
7. Wait for 5 minutes and try to restart the computer
8. If it still doesn't starts.
9. Hold down the power button for 60 seconds with AC adapter and battery connected
10. Try to restart now and check.
11. If it still doesn't switch on
12. Take out the battery and run on only Ac adapter and restart.
Please advise if this still doesn't helps.