Question about Televison & Video
SOURCE: HDTV Rear Projection
The color wheel is the most common problem when it comes to noise from DLP's. To determine if it is a color wheel or fan: Turn on the set. When the noise starts, turn off the set. If the noise goes away within 5 seconds, then the color wheel is bad. If the noise goes away after one to one and a half minutes after the set was shut off, then one of the fans are making the noise.
Posted on Apr 01, 2007
SOURCE: need to reset lamp life
Make sure the TV is on and:
1) Press and hold the Menu button on your TV SET
2) Press and hold the Menu button on your REMOTE CONTROL (at the same time)
3) Continue holding BOTH buttons down for 5 secconds or until the Service Menu pops up
4) Release the MENU button from your REMOTE CONTROL, then release the MENU button from the TV Set.
5) Press and hold ENTER (or OK) on the TV Set, then:
6) Press and hold MUTE on the REMOTE CONTROL (while still holding down the ENTER button on the TV SET
7) Holding both buttons down should lead to the Lamp Life Hours screen to pop up.
Release the MUTE button the REMOTE CONTROL, then release the ENTER (or OK) button on the TV Set.
9) To Check if it was a success
10) Now press SELECT, then SELECT again to confirm the reset of the counter
** If the procedure above does not work swap steps 5 & 6.
** For a few special models (including 44SZ8D), you might have to change step 5 to:
5a) Press Enter on the TV Set to enter the Position Adjustment Screen
5b) Press and hold Enter on the TV Set (the TV should go back to the main Service Menu, continue holding Enter) and now also hold down the MUTE button on your REMOTE CONTROL. After about 5 seconds, your Lamp Life Counter should pop up.
Posted on Jun 21, 2008
Good day, thu90399;
Sounds like you may have a circuit problem, the convergence IC's may have failed, the STK's IC's is very common problem with TV's.
I hope this was helpful, good luck, big IRISH.
Posted on Jul 20, 2008
1. Press the OK or enter button on the front panel and MUTE button on the remote control simultaneously (About 5 seconds). 2. Press the VOLUME (>) button. 3. Press the OK or enter button.
Lamp time will be reset.
1. Press the OK or enter button on the front panel and MUTE
button on the remote control simultaneously (About 5 seconds).
2. Press the VOLUME (>) button.
3. Press the OK or enter button.
Posted on Mar 07, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2011 | LG RU-60SZ30 60" Rear Projection...
Mar 24, 2010 | Televison & Video
Nov 19, 2009 | Samsung PLH403W 40" Rear Projection...
Aug 19, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jul 29, 2009 | Samsung HLR5067WX 50" Rear Projection HDTV
Jun 25, 2017 | Roku Televison & Video
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!