Question about Computers & Internet
Try luanching a new task from task manager it should open a run window then paste the following
then click run and see what this does for you hopefully it will launch windows
hope this helps and good luck the problem and by the way don't forget to vote or rate this solution
Posted on Nov 10, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1) Restart your PC
2) Logon and wait for the black screen to appear
3) Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)
4) Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously
5) When prompted, Click Start Task Manager
6) In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab
7) Next Click New Task
8) Now enter the command:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX"
Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.
9) Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process
10) When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.
11) Now restart your PC and the black screen problem will hopefully be gone
Oct 30, 2012 | HP Compaq d530 SFF PC Desktop
Dec 31, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Nov 26, 2010 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Oct 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 11, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 07, 2010 | Sony Computers & Internet
Dec 04, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
May 30, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR1810NX PC Desktop
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!