Question about Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Reset Procedure(s) after installing new photoconductor kit
Resetting the Lexmark E340/342 (display type) machines
1) Turn the printer off
2) While still off, press and hold the SELECT and RETURN buttons.
3) Keep both buttons pressed, and turn the printer on. Continue to hold both until either “Performing self test” or “Config menu”
appears on the display.
4) Release the two buttons
5) RESET PC CNT should now show on the display. If it does not, press the left or right menu buttons until it does.
6) Press the SELECT button once. “Resetting PC Cnt Value” should show on the display.
7) When the display shows CONFIG MENU again, turn the printer off.
8) Turn the printer back on. (Do not hold any buttons down this time). The printer is reset.
You can confirm the counter was reset by printing a “menu settings page”.
Posted on Oct 24, 2008
I finally figured it out (with Dell Tech Support's help)! When you replace the drum, you MUST reset the counter as well. All you have to do is:
1) Turn off the power using the switch on the back of the printer. Open the front door of the printer.
2) Hold Continue button down, power on the printer, and continue to holding Continue down until the LEDs begin to flash. When the LEDs start to flash, release Continue button. The LEDs will continue flashing until only Error LED will be lit.
3) Close the front door. Continue, Ready/Data, Toner Low and Load Paper LEDs should be lit.
4) Wait till the printer completes the POST process. POST is complete when fan noise and rollers stops. After POST wait for 5 seconds
5) Press Cancel button 4 times slowly until the Toner Low LED is lit. This is the procedure resetting the counter.
6) Press and hold Continue until all LEDs begin to cycle in sequence, then release Continue. Now only the Toner Low LED will be lit.
7) Cycle the power of the printer (turn it off and then back on).
GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!!!
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
The second link was the helpful information. Also, to cut through all of that --
If you need to reset the counter:
1. Remove drum kit with toner
2. Make sure all print jobs are flushed otherwise whatever has been sent and not printed will come spewing out.
3. Hold down CANCEL Button until all lights flash through.
4. Slide the drum kit and toner properly into the Printer.
Posted on May 21, 2009
SOURCE: flashing error and toner on Dell 1700 and will not print even after replacing drum and toner this happened before and I found on line sequence of pushing the buttons on printer to clear...but i can no
After replacing fysicalythe photoconductor/imagaging drum, leave the door open. Press and hold Cancel untl all lights flash in sequence to reset the printer. Close front cover.
Posted on May 29, 2009
I believe this message is occur because the laser printer drum needs to be replaced, not the toner cartridge.
These are two different things. The part is a DELL 310-8710 Drum Unit. Just google DELL 1720N drum and you should be able to find one.
Posted on May 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2014 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Remove the toner and the paper tray and open every door on the printer. Take a can of air and blow out every nook and cranny in the printer. Check and carefully wipe all rollers. There a fuser kit in the printer, likely in the back. If you feel comfortable with it, remove the fuser kit and use a can of air to continue cleaning. Reassemble the printer and run a few test pages, it may look like a bigger mess for the first few pages (up to 25). However, as you run the pages the print should clear up. If you still have a streaks on the pages, you will likely need to order an maintenance kit from dell. This kit should include the fuse, rollers and other replacement parts for the printer.
I hope this has helped you
Aug 31, 2011 | Dell Laser 1720 Printer
Jul 15, 2010 | Dell Laser 1720 Printer
Jun 18, 2010 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
Feb 05, 2010 | Dell 1710n Laser Printer
May 29, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Apr 07, 2009 | Dell 1700 Laser Printer
Mar 05, 2009 | Dell Laser 1720 Printer
Mar 03, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
203 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!