Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
The pump is covered for only 1 year. It is inexpensive and easy to replace. Here's how....
To access it REMOVE POWER, lift the console by one of three ways:
1. Look in the back of the console, in each corner there will be a screw, unscrew until the console can be pushed forward.
2. The trim on either side can be pried off from the top, grasp and pull forward to expose to expose a screw.
3. insert a putty knife under each corner, push to release a latch.
With console lifted:
1. You will find a lid switch connector (white in color). Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver down and away from you and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Tilt and slide cabinet forward to remove.
Remove the hose clamps and the two spring clips that mount the pump to the motor.
And there you have it!
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2012 | Northstar Pressure Washer 3000 PSI
Mar 17, 2011 | Caterpillar Cat Pump Pressure Washer Pump...
Sep 29, 2010 | Dryers
Nov 13, 2009 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
Nov 03, 2009 | Washing Machines
Oct 24, 2009 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jul 29, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!