Question about Broderbund Family Lawyer 2003 Essentials (385455)
Hi Good day!!! Follow this step
1. Insert your Windows XP installation disc into your CD drive (Home or Pro--it does not matter).
2. Now as you computer boots a little more it will say "Press any key to boot from CD.." press a key to do so.
3. The CD will load up a blue screen and then spend a while loading files it needs. When it is finished it will list a few options, mainly "Press ENTER to set up Windows XP." Press Enter or Return.
4. Now you will be at a screen to select where to install Windows to. This is where you can delete old partitions and format drives. The box in the bottom half of the screen shows all your drives and the partitions that exist on them. Use the Up and Down arrow keys to highlight your "C:" partition and press the 'D' key (if all that shows up is "Unpartitioned space" and you have no C: or D: partitions, skip this step). On the next screen press the 'L' key to finalize deleting the partition.
5. Now you are back on the screen to choose where to install Windows. The box on the lower half of the screen should no longer show a partition but simply have an entry "Unpartitioned space xxxxxMB." Select this with the arrow keys and press the 'C' key to create a partition on the drive. The next screen tells you the minimum and maximum sizes the partition can be and lets you pick the size. The default size is the maximum, but double check that the number entered is the maximum and hit enter.
6. Now you will again be back at the choose where to install Windows screen. But this time you will have a partition that looks something like this "C: Partition1 [New (Raw)]xxxxxxMB." Highlight this entry and press enter.
7. The next screen lets you choose which file system to format the drive with. Choose NTFS as it is faster and more secure. If the drive is brand new and has never been used before then use one of the options that ends in "(Quick)." Or, choose one of the lower down options. Use the arrow keys to select the proper one and press Enter or Return.
8. From here you are all set and the installation of Windows will proceed starting with a format of your drive. This will take a while (over half an hour) so you can take a little break
Thank you for using FixYa
Don't forget to vote thanks!!!
Posted on Nov 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2015 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
without a bootable CD-ROM to perform a new installation of the operating system. The Windows XP startup disk will ... IT Pro ... for installing Microsoft Windows XP ...
hope this helps
Jul 18, 2012 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Jul 14, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
May 21, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6-1030us Notebook
Feb 05, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Oct 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 07, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Mar 18, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: