An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Lost wireless connection
if the power light is blinking, a little bad news because the router is now showing a sign of defectivity, a firmware upgrade could be a solution.
you may try to reset it this way:
Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, once you reach the 25th seconds, unplug the power then put it back in right on the 30 second, then release the reset button, wait for another 20 seconds then unplug the power from the router, after around 5-10 seconds plug it back in.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
check your wireless router if it is turned on.
see if it is getting a signal from your cable or dsl connection.
you can also connect via cat 5 from your laptop and see if your getting a IP on the WAN.
reset your cable/dsl modem if your not getting any signal or IP address.
1. check if you have cloned the MAC address in the either the Advanced or basic setup page. 2. After verification of the MAC clone restart the router 3. after router is restart then log in to the router >> go to status page and verify IP Adress. If no ip address from cable modem then pwer cycle the cable modem >> then power cycle the router.
Check the WLAN light on the Linksys Router if it's still on and make sure that the Wireless Adapter is ON on your HP computer and can detect other wireless networks, if WLAN is off try to do a power cycle and check again the lights... If lights are ok... connect your PC to the LAN port of the router and access the admin page, try changing channels and see if your wireless computer can detect it, if still not try to do a hard reset on the router
Hold the reset button on the router for 30 second, do not let go of it after the diag LED turns off, continue holding it until 30 seconds have passed.
After you?ve done this, the router will revert to factory defaults, all of your settings will be lost. By default the default Password for the router is admin, and there is no User Name.
1. Right-click on the icon in your taskbar that represents your wireless Internet connection. 2. Select "Open Network and Sharing Center."3. Click "Manage Wireless Networks." 4. Click
the icon that represents the wireless Internet connection you are
trying to recover the password for. Select "Properties" from the
toolbar. 5. Select
the "Security" tab. check the "Show Characters" box to display the
password for that particular wireless Internet connection.