Creative zen micro stuck in recovery mode
To Fix any problems with broken firmware form attempted “playsforsure”
firmware updates etc where your pc finds it as a 20mb drive and it sits
in recovery mode and does bugger all:
1. Uninstall all creative software & drivers
2. Uninstall Media Player 11 and Media Player 11 runtime (will require a
reboot for each thing). This is done by going to add/remove programs and
uninstalling (this will put your pc back to wmp10).
3. Re-install the Zen Driver from the creative website and reboot (I just reloaded Media Explorer using my ZMP install CD).
4, Plug Zen in.
5, Make sure you have the firmware update ready, run it but don’t click
the language bit yet), leave the mouse hovering over your language
selection. (for ZMP, just start firmware exe file, there is no language selection. You can get the firmware update from Creative’s site, go to SUPPORT and then DOWNLOADS).
6. On the Zen- select “reload OS” (on ZMP I believe it is Erase or Reload Firmware, something like that, don’t have it in front of me).
7. As soon as it flashes up “reload new firmware now via USB” click the
8. Now the pc should find it and allow you to re-load the
firmware. (it may take a few attempts)
9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now
10. Once all is working, you can re-install WMP11 and it will work fine.
Dec 28, 2008 |
Creative Labs Zen Touch MP3 Player