Question about Sony DVP-CX995V Multi-disc DVD Player
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1) Turn your DVD off. 2) Use the remote control and press:
- Top Menu
This should power the device into Service Mode.
3) Choose option 2 and then choose option 4.
4) There should be two fields: Input Code and Current Code, each one with 5 chars long.
Then push zero on all the 5 places of the first and the second field.
5) There should be a zero on the device display, meaning that all regions are free.
6) Press POWER to turn it off and you're done.
Let me know if it works!
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
Region code hack for PHILIPS 3256 x/94
1. Go to Setup. [from remote]
2. Select the Preference Page.
3. Press 1, 3, 8, 9, 3, 1 on the Philips DVD Player remote.
--> It will show current region code [ for example 5 ]
4. Now Press the up/down key to select "0" which makes it region free.
5. Press ok and exit setup.
Probably the same would be applicable for 3258, 3268, 3986.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
SOURCE: need to unlock code for sony dvd
After getting clarification from Fixya I can pass the links below to you to check yourself
Some players are harder than others to do this but you may want to try here or here
Toshiba's and JVC's are the harder ones to do
I use a Phillips myself as it is not only cheaper but has much more going for it than many of the higher end units. i throw anything at it and it just plays
The older the unit that harder it is to do the region free thing with.
I let my EX have the panasonic (big grin)
If you cant find a fix then look at the codes available for cheaper brands and how easy it is to do it before you purchase one
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2010 | Sony DVP-FX810 Portable DVD Player
May 15, 2010 | Sony DVP-NS330 DVD Player
Jul 30, 2009 | Televison & Video
Feb 17, 2009 | Televison & Video
Apr 14, 2008 | Sony DVP-PQ2 Portable DVD
Jan 07, 2008 | Sony DVP-NS50P DVD Player
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!