Question about D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
I have a modem just installed my comcast. I concected it to D-link router model N. but items are in a box in the wall of my closet.
I can not get internet on my computers which are in the living room.
Even though both computers have internet wireless reception capability I do not get connection to the internet. If I take my computer to the closet and hard wire the computer to the modem, every thing works fine.
I observe it alway says it can not find authentication certificate.
what is the problem and how can this problem be solved ?
The settings in the dlink for the wireless need to be changed- if you do not need a password or encryption you should be able to set the wireless to open- or no authentication. If it has a wireless "key" on it you probably need to make a note of it to put it in when trying to access the wireless. The only way to do this is directly connect to the dlink router and look at the settings. If you don't know how to get into the router settings I suggest putting in a paid request to get a tech here to do it for you. (it's not difficult just takes a little know how)
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 15, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Jan 16, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
Dec 01, 2009 | D-Link Vonage-enabled Wireless Router...
Nov 26, 2009 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Apr 20, 2009 | Zonet ZSR1114WE 802.11g 54Mbps Wireless...
Mar 20, 2009 | D-Link DI 713p (DI-713P) Wireless Router
Sep 29, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
May 05, 2008 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!