Question about Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sometimes, we manually need to clean the waste ink absorber, means you need to remove them and wash them... Follow the steps :
1. Open the top of the Printer and look inside.
2. Locate the waste ink absorber pads. These are at the bottom right inside your printer.
3. Put on the gloves. Now remove the waste ink absorber pads and holder from the printer by gently lifting them out. It feels like they snap out, so do not be afraid to tug gently to remove them.
4. Clean the waste ink absorber by soaking up the ink with a tissue or wipe. Set the waste ink absorber on some newspaper to avoid ink spills.
5. Go back to the Canon printer, and view the other waste ink absorber. This is also on the right-hand bottom in the back of the printer. This one has screws to remove and comes out with a plastic piece.
6. Wash the sponge with clear water. Allow it to dry completely. This may take at least a day. When it is completely dry, reassemble.
7. Replace the waste ink absorber pads and sponge. Connect the printer to the power source.
If you need further help, let me know.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Nov 09, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 17, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 16, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 15, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 26, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 24, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP450 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 16, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 20, 2016 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 23, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!