Question about Arris SURFboard® SB5101 Cable Modem
Hi Good day!! i hope this method will help you
1. Find the manual for your cable or DSL modem. Although the basics of these types of modems are the same it never hurts to have the manual available for the particular piece of hardware that you are going to be dealing with.
2. Look up what the procedure is to reset or reboot the modem. They will list what the procedure is for performing a reboot or reset of the modem.
3. Turn off the computer if you have no manual and need to perform a reboot or reset of the modem. It is best that the connection to your computer is severed before you change anything on your modem.
4. Look at the back of the modem. There should be a tiny button or hole in the back of the modem that will be labeled reset. Typically these button need to be pressed for a minimum of 10 seconds to reset the modem. This will reset the modem to factory defaults. You will need to reset options just as if it was a brand new modem being installed.
5. Press and hold the button down for one minute. This will make sure that it has a chance to reset. You will need a small pin to put through the hole. Usually you can straighten one leg of a paperclip and this will work for the tool you need. Just beneath the surface of the back of the modem there should be a small push button that you can depress with the paperclip.
6. Allow the modem to reset itself and then remove the power plug in the back of the modem. Keep the power off for at least one minute and then return the power plug to the back of the modem and wait for all the lights on the front of the modem to come back on and stop flashing.
7. Restart your computer and check that all the options are set correctly on your modem. You may need to call your Internet provider and check which settings need to be changed from the factory defaults. They can walk you through how to make these changes. After this, your connection should be back and you can reach the Internet.
Thank you for using FixYa
Posted on Nov 09, 2010
There is a recessed button in the back of the modem it will say reset, you will need a small object to push the button. when you do push the button hold in for thirty seconds and it will reset the modem.
Posted on Nov 09, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Aug 24, 2014 | Motorola Computers & Internet
Dec 17, 2013 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Aug 24, 2011 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games
Jan 13, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Dec 24, 2010 | RCA Thomson Digital Cable Modem (DCM305R)
Sep 22, 2010 | Arris SB5100 SURFboard DOCSIS 2.0 Cable...
Aug 08, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 (49402201900) Modem
May 02, 2009 | 2wire Wireless-G 802.11g ADSL Gateway
Apr 11, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
1,547 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: