Question about Epson Stylus CX6400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Hi, we need to check first if this issue is caused by the scanner it self or by the scanner driver. Please try the following to check if your scanner is physically functioning or not:
1. Open the scanner lid.
2. Place your document face-down on the glass. Move your document about 0.1 inch from the top and side edge so your entire document is scanned.
3. Close the scanner lid.
4. Be sure the COPY button is lit. The default copy settings are displayed on the control panel.
5. Press the Color Copy button (for color copies) or B&W Copy button (for black and white copies). Your document is scanned and then printed.
Note: Depending on the copy settings chosen, your copied image size may not be the exact same size as your original.
If the image was successfully copied please uninstall the scanner driverm download the latest driver in http://support.epson.com and install it. Try scanning.
If the issue still present we will need to ensure the scanner is being recognized correctly. Have you had any other scanners installed on the computer previously? We would suggest checking the DEVICE MANAGER for any conflicts.
Get to the Device Manager by:
1. Right-Clicking on MY COMPUTER
2. Left-click on PROPERTIES.
3. Click on the HARDWARE tab, then DEVICE MANAGER.
In the Device Manager please for the following:
1. Any yellow or red X's, question marks or exclamation marks.
2. Under the Category of Imaging Devices - Check for Epson Product name.
If IMAGING DEVICES is listed, test the scanner from PAINT.
To scan in paint:
1. Click on START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > PAINT.
2. Click on FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA.
3. Choose COLOR PHOTO.
It is also possible your Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service is not started.
To start this process please follow the steps listed bellow.
1. Click on Start, go to Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window you will Performance and Maintenance, please left click that option.
3. Next we are looking for Administrative Tools, please left click on that option.
4. We are looking for the Services icon please left on that icon.
5. In the Services window we are going to scroll down to the bottom and look for the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service, Please Right click it with your right mouse button.
6. We want to select the STOP option with your left mouse button.
7. Next we want to Right click on the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service again and select the START option with your Left mouse button please.
Posted on Jun 16, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 31, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP510 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 09, 2014 | Canon CanoScan 8600F Flatbed Scanner
Jul 07, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office...
Feb 05, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 3200MFP/N Laser Printer
Nov 19, 2010 | HP PSC 1350 All-In-One Thermal Printer
Nov 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 27, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 30, 2017 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Jul 10, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
May 09, 2009 | Lexmark X2550 All-In-One Printer
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!